• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New location website for film makers!

Hope it is okay to post in here, mods please move or even remove if needed.

Hi all!

I'v been working hard over the last month on a new project that I would like to share with you all.

I wanted to make a database off filming locations that anyone can view and submit to.
So I have built just that... It is called Iris Directory and is totally free to use.

Capture.png

The site is in early development at the moment but works well.

You can find locations based on distance away from you (or your search area), find locations in set categories as well write and read reviews, comments and of course, submit locations of your own.

I want to have as many categories as needed, there are main categories for types of locations and then sub categories for refined searches.
Obviously there are not a lot at the moment, I need help with expanding this so please suggest some bellow or on our forum!

Capture.png

Each location gets its own page, where the submitter can write about it in the description, giving details like what the location is like to film with, points of interest, things around the area or location to help and stuff like accessibility, dangers etc

They can also add photos of the location and set on the Google maps where it is.

Capture.png

Users that are signed up on the site get access to a dashboard. Here you can manage locations that you have submitted as well as get access to features such as the favourite system so you can bookmark locations you like. As well as post on the forum and other parts of the site that are not developed yet.

Capture.png

I hope that this site interests you. I know it has very little in terms of content at the moment, it is very new and with anything like it, it takes time to grow.
This is why I hope that if you like it, please use it, submit locations, help improve the site by suggesting features and categories.

I have a load planned for the site including an abandoned location search, location scouting guides, better filtering on location search, advance search and a much better gallery.
Will be improving performance of the site soon with a faster server if people start to use it too.

Thanks for taking a look. I hope to see you on there using it soon!

http://iris.directory/

Jack,

Back