• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Fix It In Post!

Lots of programs can do masking. It's a very basic tool as far as NLE's go.

Sony Vegas, After Effects, Premiere Pro.I believe Final Cut also can, though I've never used that program myself.

I don't know any fancy editing tricks :mope:
I should probably get a book just on using my NLE

currently FCP 7 but i have access to premiere

You can do it in FCP7.

Duplicate clip, drag copy to layer above, isolate a frame with the unblemished version of what you're wanting to fix. Mask around that, and freeze frame it.

Not sure if you can do mask feathering in FCP, but if you can, feathering the mask will help in most cases to make it less obvious that there's a patch there.

Thanks will. I'll play around with that. No current need for it but it's good to learn these things

Virtually every single NLE has the ability to "CROP" the image. I did this in Adobe Premiere CS5.5, but every version of the program since 1999 has had the function, as does After Effects.

It's about the concept of fixes, not a how to video. I try to stay format agnostic.

Wait, so I'm not the only person still rockin' Premiere 5.5? Seems I'm in good company. :D

And I'm still on Windows 7. You can't tame that beast!

CS4 on Windows Vista checking in.

Fwiw, the biggest upgrade in Premiere history was from CS4 to CS5; you would really stand to benefit (the playback engine is a joy to work with)

Also, you can use CC for a month at a cost of $20, as well as trial it for free. It'll really get the most out of your PC, & is much faster than CS5!

Back