Best websites for film collaborating?

I've been editing for over 20 years. Most of my work has been for news or business clients, but I do love working on my own projects. However, when I want to be creative, I find there to be a lack of others in my social circle willing to help out.

is there a website or community where I can meet filmmakers with similar interests to collaborate and create films with? I tried meetup.com, but most seem inactive or not what I'm looking for.

Thoughts?

I would think that these days you could edit long-distance, no?
I'm sure it's not the first choice, but you can "meet" with directors and producers via skype and send work via dropbox, google drive, etc.

That typically what I do in my full-time job. I'm hoping to find a group of people (actors, directors, sound, camera ops, makeup, screenwriters, etc) to help in the full production of short films.

I met someone off this website that I work with in person.
They're not a regular, IDK if they even post here. But I did meet him via indietalk.

is there a website or community

As sad as it sounds, for building contacts, it's about 80% Facebook these days for editors. If you're looking for creative projects to cut, you'll find occasional gigs around the place on sites like this and Reddit or craigslist.

If you're looking to build a team, since your active network of peers doesn't sound like they're cutting the mustard, join local groups. You'll probably find your most active groups on Facebook.

Back