• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Marshall Family Viral Video

I'm sorry, but this really gave me nothing. It was a one second shot of a passed out woman with horror music and text that read "The Marshall Family". It doesn't tell me much about what the film is about, what the tone of the film is, or why I should go see it.

Also, I don't think the video would be considered viral. Sure, it passed the 301 view mark, but most viral videos have hundreds of thousands, and most often times millions of views.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm just trying to be honest.

A viral video is a video that becomes popular through the process of sharing,
typically through video sharing websites, social media and email.

Is this being shared by people? Other than you?

It has to be shared by millions of people to be considered viral. Like a disease.

And there's really nothing about this video to be proud of.... Like a disease.

Yes: 0.1mg of Apathex, PRN.

But it may already be an additive in your municipal water system.
It's in mine, I think.

I don't give a sh!t on a regular basis.

What I recommend you do is give it a good title.

THE SCARIEST THING YOU WILL EVER SEE
DON'T WATCH THIS
WARNING, NOT FOR THE EASILY FRIGHTENED
THE MOST HORRIFYING CRIME OF THE CENTURY

^ Something along those lines ^

You can then put some money into promoting this thing on Youtube. You can pay money for this to be seen as an advertisement, or to see it on the front page of Youtube. And really, who can resist? Start a campaign for the film, revealing very little. But every once and a while, post a clip of something freaky.

But it has to live up to the hype. Perhaps have a normal scene, then $#!t hits the film, or there's a scene of someone walking around in the dark, and there's a couple of scares. Perhaps a dolly shot of the camera going towards a door, going into a room, then doing a slow pan, showing the room, then at the last second something popping up.

Oh, you could have a dolly in on a character, and him/her slowly turning around, and right before we see his face there's a loud bang and we cut to a title. You then have text saying something along the lines of VISIT www. (site).com TO SEE THE FACE. You then have info on the film's online release.

I recommend doing something along those lines.

Yeah, it's not viral. It's something you'd hoped might go viral. Unfortunately, this really isn't anything that people would share. If you can create a video that people share, you get them to do your advertising for you. Your title will be what makes people click, but a poor video still won't get those viewers sharing.

>> DO NOT WATCH THIS!!! <<

WHEN FLOWERSAURS
ATTACK!

n7VdTs.gif

Don't be fooled by their
cute, little waving stems!

This is viral across the North Korean internet. :yes:

Back