• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Website, Trailer, and Question

First I would like to invite everyone to my website for my feature at http://www.bottommovie.com . There you can see my trailer by downloading the quicktime trailer. I should have the other link up soon.

(As for my problem... I found a solution. :D )

Enjoy the site and the trailer. Feedback is always welcome.

Enjoy the trailer

pika(AKA Jelese)

Cool website. The trailer played fine for me, it started immediately.

I've actually worked with a lot of your actors. Melissa DaPonte was in my first short film I ever directed, I've worked with Steve Warren on a ton of stuff and April Billingsley was in our short for the 48 Hour Film Project this year. Cool!

As for the trailer, the main thing that I didn't care for was the end. I never liked shots in trailers where people are talking but there's no sound. It's like I'm thinking the whole time, "what is (s)he saying?" The main thing about trailers is you need to show action, movement as much as possible, there's too much "talking heads" here. It sounds like an interesting concept, I feel like I need to see more. Feel free to play around with time a bit... the trailer doesn't have to take place in sequence, so why not start out with an attention grabber, like the gun shot? I don't know if it's possible with the footage you have, but you might want to eliminate the "white wall" background as much as possible. It just has too plain a look to it (this is the same in your feature as well).
At any rate, I think if you can hook the viewer a bit sooner (and keep them hooked), you'd have something which may generate some interest.

Hope that helps...

- Mike.

Thanks Spite.

I plan on working on and off with the trailer over the next few whatever. This film is more of a drama. There's not much action at all, until the end. So I don't have too much footage really to play with, without giving everything away. I know what you mean about the white walls. Unfortunately the trailer got more of them than the movie itself. I even thought of "painting" them to eliminate the look, at least for the trailer. And maybe I will later. Right now I'm just happy to have it up and running. The movie is about 7 days away from me calling it wraps. I've been working on this since Last July (pre-production) and we shot in Nov.

Thank you for visiting, and when I get time to do some updates, I'll definately keep your concepts in mind.

Jelese (pikachu)

elec_pikachu said:
First I would like to invite everyone to my website for my feature at http://www.bottommovie.com . There you can see my trailer by downloading the quicktime trailer. I should have the other link up soon.

(As for my problem... I found a solution. :D )

Enjoy the site and the trailer. Feedback is always welcome.

Enjoy the trailer

pika(AKA Jelese)

I like the site a lot and the using the Official Information sets an intriguing premise but I'd love to see (and hear) more from what's going on in the story during the trailer. I mean, I think I get it but it wouldn't hurt to include the whole package for some more of the dramatic moments.

Good to see other ATL filmmakers getting it done...

good luck with finishing it up,

Martay

www.behindthenine.com

Thanks for the feeback so far guys! I plan to start beefing up the trailer today. I think it may be best to have "words" thought out the whole trailer instead of placing it in the "two part" format.

The feature is about done. I only have some small items to add into the stream of the movie to get it to the best point it can be.

I made a good amount of mistakes shooting "bottom". It was shot pretty much 100% Guerilla Style. I pretty much did everything except a few items that I just could get to. So overall I'm happy, but I know I could be happier! hahaha The cast was great, the music is great, and my real "two person crew on makeup and "hold this, hold that, do this do that" were great as well. I still think it has what it takes though to be a good film, for those who see it.

pika

Back