• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My 7D sci-fi music video for Moby

I entered Moby's contest on Vimeo with this video -- would love to know what you think! The theme they gave us was "hello, future." and we got to pick from three tracks. We only had a week to make it happen. I ended up shooting the video in my shower (in my apartment), my bedroom (with the windows blacked out), and on the hill near my place. I came up with the below concept:

In a sterile and controlled future, suicide rates have risen and the powers-that-be are looking into the cause. An operator resurrects a female victim and sifts through her psyche, trying to understand the mechanics of her suicide.

http://vimeo.com/groups/saatchiandsaatchi/videos/23497930

afterthumb1.jpg

Take a look at a quick behind the scenes video I put together for a recent music video I directed/edited for a contest put on by Moby and Saatchi & Saatchi (on vimeo). I hope we win!

http://vimeo.com/23656693

btsphotomb.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work.

I checked over a dozen of the other entries and found yours one of the more creative and better executed stories. (Some I just skipped to the next entry within a few seconds of skipping through their repetitive "story").

GL!

Last edited:
Oh lord, that was amazing! Very well done! The story fit perfectly with the lyrics, the actual content fit perfectly with the story, and somehow you managed to make even the static-action shots (like the long section focusing on the woman's face) and long shots fit perfectly with the fast paced nature of the music.

Nice little addition at the end too. Very nice work :)

Thank you so much ThatGuyFromThatPlace, NickClapper and Flicker Pictures! Very kind words. NickClapper, for the last shot, I was naive enough to think that I could take a slider for my tripod and do a makeshift motion controlled shot, just by trying to move the camera the same speed several times with Ashley (actress) in the shot, and without her in the shot, and then again with the cords/cyborg guts in the shot.

The slider was bumpy and I ended up not being able to use any of the moving shots which was really painful because there were some really awesome flickering effects going on. We ended up just making a giant high res still of the whole composite, then digitally panning and adding in optical flare effects and things going on with her eyes to make it look like it was actual footage.

cyborg.jpg

Back