Hi Everyone! Canadian Westcoast Indie Filmmaker here.

Hello,
I'm a complete newbie here, but I'm not new to Indie film making as i've been doing it on and off for quite a few years. I'm drawn to the film production process as a story telling medium because for myself I'm just a very visual person.

My first experience really learning about the film making process was when i first attended a 2 month long program at a local film school. I was almost 20 and it was in the early 2000s.

I focused mostly on drama at the time, and learned a lot about story writing, and putting a short video together with a team. It was a good learning experience. After I left fil school I went on to college where I got into creative writing and decided i wanted to be a author for books. I spent 1 year at college taking first year writing programs when I decided I was gonna take a break from that and go live a bit.

I'm not a professional, but I have a lot of respect for those who can make a living in the film business. So if you read this and are a person who makes their yearly living off film production alone, then I madam or sir. I salute you.

One day I would like to go and get a BFA in film production to help get me aimed in that direction. Since that will be a while yet, I have to focus on now and learn what I can from the internet, books and other courses. Self-learning can be hard, but if you're committed and dedicated I think it can pay off quite nicely!

As of late last year, I've just recently saved up and bought a Sony FS7 based kit, so now I'm super excited to go and use it for some projects!

My 2017 learning agenda is not really organized right now, but I do know what direction I want to go with it. I'm very focused on producing drama and experimental short films right now, but I would like to get into serious documentary production by next year.

Anyhow Great to meet you all!

Last edited:
Back