Filmmaker looking to improve

hi,

so i currently make music videos and i have a few lined up, i really want to knock these out of the park. I used to PA on big movies but i never really pursued it. anyways i want to start shooting stories for these videos, i am kinda confused, i get theres plot structure, beginning, middle, climax, and end. And that you need to preplan everything before the day of the shoot.

so how should i go about creating stories for these videos? an idea -> script -> pre production -> production
--> post

its a little unclear, heres my portfolio of work: www.watervideoproductions.com

so how should i go about creating stories for these videos? an idea -> script -> pre production -> production
--> post

Hi again.

Seems like you got it down. So what are you confused about? The way you
go about creating stories for these videos is YOUR unique, creative take on
the song. You've seen a lot of music videos; some are the band playing on
stage or in interesting locations, some tell full stories based on the song.
Draw inspiration from the ones you admire.

What is it that's confusing you?

the connection between known and unknown hasnt been made yet. BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU SAYING THAT!!!!! I GET IT!!!!!!

no for real thanks, im gonna trust myself and make amazing films!

thank you!

although i guess im confused on the structure of story and plot

so i know theres beginning, middle, and end, but i guess like you said, its up to me as the director to make it however i want

i've also never made a story video before so im green in that area, itll take a few attempts to get the structure formatted into my brain, thank you!

i've also never made a story video before so im green in that area, itll take a few attempts to get the structure formatted into my brain, thank you!
Take a look at your other post - the one I commented on. Being
"green" in an area isn't something to worry about. Your first few
attempts may be terrible. But you will learn. After a few times
you will no longer be "green" in that area.

Back