Do you think it's possible to make edits faster with teammates

Hi,

I have a serious question.
I am working right now with 3 friends on editing vlogs for some Youtube channels.
We have multiple clients right now and I am wondering if there is a way to split the task on multpile people to make it more efficient. Is it possible??
I know the creativity and the quality of the vlog might suffer but we need to start delivering fast while keeping the vlogs "good".
Any suggestions from the pros is certainly welcomed

Love!

You mean 3 persons working on 1 video vlog? Or 3 individual video vlogs?

I have the same question.

What is your modus operandi right now?
3 people working on 1 edit at the same time?

How many computers do you have and how many people know how to edit?
Does everyone have the same skills or is one better with audio and someone else better with colorgrading?

I am working right now with 3 friends on editing vlogs for some Youtube channels.
We have multiple clients right now and I am wondering if there is a way to split the task on multpile people to make it more efficient. Is it possible??
I know the creativity and the quality of the vlog might suffer but we need to start delivering fast while keeping the vlogs "good".

If you're asking this, I assume there is something more complex than simple, quick vlogs.

There are many ways to accomplish a fast, efficient workflow. Determine the tools you need for the work you need to accomplish and if there are any specific limitations to assignments. Assign your workflow to match and accommodate.

My best suggestion would be to talk to your post production supervisor or if you don't have one, your senior editor and talk it over with them about your best course of action. They're going to best know your situation and the best course of action moving forward.

If it's simple vlogs, what's wrong with editor 1 edit project 1, editor 2 edit project 2, editor 3 edit project 3. Whoever finishes first, takes project 4 and so on.

If you're asking this, I assume there is something more complex than simple, quick vlogs.

There are many ways to accomplish a fast, efficient workflow. Determine the tools you need for the work you need to accomplish and if there are any specific limitations to assignments. Assign your workflow to match and accommodate.

My best suggestion would be to talk to your post production supervisor or if you don't have one, your senior editor and talk it over with them about your best course of action. They're going to best know your situation and the best course of action moving forward.

If it's simple vlogs, what's wrong with editor 1 edit project 1, editor 2 edit project 2, editor 3 edit project 3. Whoever finishes first, takes project 4 and so on.

I agree with this sentiment. You have to be able to break up the project somehow for it to make sense in order to split the work between multiple editors. If you are all working on the same footage that could get very complicated very fast. If your shoot is episodic it should be relatively simple to divvy up.

Back