Looking for Director of Photography with own HD camera in London

TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST INCLUDE DETAILS OF YOUR GENERAL AVAILABILITY. SUBMISSIONS THAT DON'T DO THIS WILL BE REJECTED.

Looking for a Director of Photography with own Full HD camera (ideally Canon 5D Mark II) and appropriate mic/sound kit that also knows how to use it- please specify in your submission.

Please note that this is a zero budget project. No one is getting paid including us. We are therefore also unable to pay for the hire of equipment or pay expenses. We understand how this is frustrating as we prefer to be paid ourselves but hopefully the exposure of this project will lead to future paid work whether individually or collaboratively. This is not a form of employment, rather it is akin to talents coming together to create showreel material that they then share via online or film festival methods in an effort to further their careers. Please bear all this in mind before deciding whether or not this project could be for you and submitting.

Please note also that we film a lot of behind-the-scenes material so you need to be comfortable with being interviewed on camera. If uncomfortable with this, please do not apply.

As far as exposure goes we aim to release this to film festivals and then at Amazon.com on DVD on Demand and Amazon Instant Video. Our behind-the-scenes content can be found on the IMDb, iTunes, Trailer Addict, ExposureRoom, YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, Dailymotion, Metacafe and numerous other online outlets. Our current short film has so far been reviewed by Film Threat and The Independent Critic. All of our past projects have earned an IMDb credit for those who didn't already have one. And you will of course receive your own HD digital copy and/or professionally designed DVD copy with packaging.

Only those with a professional, friendly and positive attitude need apply.

To apply please use the contact page at www.leeneville.com/leenevilleentertainment.html

TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST INCLUDE DETAILS OF YOUR GENERAL AVAILABILITY. SUBMISSIONS THAT DON'T DO THIS WILL BE REJECTED.

Looking for a Director of Photography with own Full HD camera (ideally Canon 5D Mark II) and appropriate mic/sound kit that also knows how to use it- please specify in your submission.

This post is ridiculous.

Bring your HD camera package as well as a mic/sound kit!! No payment. Just do it.

In all honesty, I think you will have more success in not having these silly requirements especially when you aren't willing to pay professional individuals for not only their time and hard work but also for the wear and tear on their equipment.

Gotta agree. I saw this but thought it would be churlish to post only to criticise it. But if you've started... :D

I'm ok with people wanting to get free crew, we all do it. But to not even pay expenses?!? You'd like me to lug my own equipment to your shoot and, not only not get paid, but have to pay for that experience?

I understand it's a tough market to crack into and people will do what they can but asking people to work like that just isn't fair in any marketplace.

I also have to say that, given your looking for someone who is essentially helping you out for nothing, the tone of the advert is kind of rude.

Good luck though, you never know.

Best of luck to the Op.

Welcome to indietalk.

I hope you become a contributive member of our community.

Last edited:
Gotta agree. I saw this but thought it would be churlish to post only to criticise it. But if you've started... :D

I'm ok with people wanting to get free crew, we all do it. But to not even pay expenses?!? You'd like me to lug my own equipment to your shoot and, not only not get paid, but have to pay for that experience?

I understand it's a tough market to crack into and people will do what they can but asking people to work like that just isn't fair in any marketplace.

I also have to say that, given your looking for someone who is essentially helping you out for nothing, the tone of the advert is kind of rude.

Good luck though, you never know.

I don't mind. My crew lugs their stuff over for free because they like me. Or possibly because they think what I have is a vehicle to help them progress their careers. However, I have to like the person I am doing the free stuff for, get on with them and see if we are pointed in the same direction.

Last edited:
Please respect the OP's ad, if you have no interest do not reply.

Well at least he's up front about what he wants, what he expects so there is no misunderstanding when all is said and done. Its all right here in writing so if anyone comes back and says 'I didn't know...'

To see what would happen, I applied. Unfortunately, I did not receive a response but hey, nothing ventured... Maybe he didn't like my details.

His website is OK but it's lacking in the fun factor. I stated I wanted to meet him first to see what he is like, gauge his level of ambition etc...

In addition, I checked out his stuff online. I'm not entirely sure what extra he wants as the camerawork isn't exactly Spielberg. Some shaky stuff, badly lit, uncontrolled environments (a random car going through shot).

So who knows what's going down with his stuff?

Last edited:
Back