• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

feedback?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to send my script to anyone privately for feedback/reviewing. My friends can't really do it seeing as they're not very good with English and I don't want to put it up because I want to keep track of every person I send it to.

I'm really scared it may be either extremely boring or just plain stupid and I'm just desperately looking for someone to have even just a quick look at both what I've written so far (27 pages) and the main idea for the story and just tell me what they think..

Anyone? :)

Liron

Even just the logline would he helpful to determine how well you know your story. Are you targeting a feature length movie or short film?

Believe me, I've written some pretty stupid stuff over the years. That's how you learn. Give yourself permission to write badly and the hidden gems will eventually emerge.

Hi guys, sorry it took me a while to reply :)

VPTurner, targeting a feature length movie.

The story is mostly drama. It's about a lonely man in his late 20's who suffers from bipolar and obsessive-compulsive disorders. He befriends a young woman and quickly developes an obsession with her, not romantic but simply a desire to spend time with her and he turns all his attention to their friendship. His mom dies and his life go downhill from there to the point of insanity. It features descriptions of his dreams, daydreams and his quirky approach to life and sanity.

I'm nearly on page 50 now and just looking for people to give feedback on the general writing (no need to actually read the whole thing) and I'll also send a more detailed outline (with the ending of course and everything..) because I'd love feedback on the idea as well.

My main problem is too many dialogues, I find it hard to express myself in English at times and I'm trying to study how to do things without all that talking lol

Hey bud me to man. If you could send me a link/ copy of yours. OH yea check mine out. Its got like 17 posts already but read the NEW UPDATE one if you want. Again plz send me a copy of your really interested in reading. Cheers!

Hi there zepplin,

I'd rather not post my script up straight on the board for personal reasons but I'll send it to you in a Private Message... :)

I just finished reading through it myself and rewrote a couple of scenes but mainly managed to take off several dialogues and monologues.. I think personally I prefer it now. Also fixed some spelling and grammer mistakes...

Anyway, show me yours and I'll show you mine? lol sorry had to be said. I'll go and have a read through some of your script now (I have to go in a few minutes) but finish and reply next time I'm on.

P.S. How did you get so many people interested in reading your script?? lol I also need some :( Might help me get through this aweful block.

Hey bud to answer your question, "How did you get so many people interested in reading your script" the answer is I don't know. Its been up for a month though. It isn't even finished unfortunately but again, just wait. I liked your script and if you just wait so will other people.

Back