• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Call for Films for Festival Featuring Live Film Scores

Hey guys. I'm new on this site. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this.

So my name is Jason Martin Castillo. I'm a composer and the co-creator of Los Angeles based film festival, Arcovert. We are a recurring festival although we've only had one show as of now. Our first show packed the theater (250 seats) leaving only standing room. We are also a collective of composers, filmmakers, musicians, and anyone involves in making a film. We work together, have meetings, and make films together with the goal of screening it at one of our festival dates.

Our festival screens indie shorts while the musical score is performed live by an orchestra usually conducted by the composer. Our orchestra has all the typical instruments, but we also have the cool stuff. Tons of synths, guitars, effects of all types, accordions, vocalists, theremins, and more.

It's at the Downtown Independent Theater in Downtown Los Angeles. You can check out pictures and videos from the first show at www.arcovertla.com

Anyways, we are planning our next show. We are currently talking to the theater about locking a date but it's looking like it'll be in late May or June. Please submit your films to us. We are looking for rad films with rad scores. All genres are welcome. The deadline for film submissions is April 5th.
Please submit to arcovertla@gmail.com

Thanks guys!

Jason Martin Castillo
www.sotsproductions.com
www.arcovertla.com
arcovertla@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back