Web Series Development

I am about to (finally) begin production on two web series. One of the series is mine and the other is my producer's. I have my location and props for my series and my producer is finalizing things for hers. Thanks to posts on this very forum, I will wait to post any of the episodes until I have 5 to 8 in the can and ready to go. That way I can upload new content on a set schedule and have a little leeway if I have a production setback.

I did some test shots to get a feel for what I was still lacking. My audio is passable for YouTube and my camera settings are fine. The lighting leaves a bit to be desired, so I will tend to that this week. I did notice a wardrobe issue that I have since remedied. I am writing my dialogue and coordinating the other presenters so that I can record multiple episodes worth of each of their segments at a time. Then I will spend a day or so in the studio shooting my coverage. Finally I will edit together the shows and begin uploading them. I would like to stick to the 5 minute mark.

I have a new women who signed up to be The Girl With the Guns. Her name is Rachael and you may have seen pictures of her in the Stills Share thread. I had a photo shoot with her the day before she moved to Los Angeles. She has agreed to return to New Orleans for a week to shoot the first season of her segments along with promos and poster pics. The contracts are being drawn up and, once I get them back, we will set a date and book the airfare. It has been a strange and troublesome journey thus far.

That was a one off video sent in for a contest. I have searched a lot for competition to my show premise but found nothing else like it. Part of the reason I insist on a sexy woman to do the firearms stuff is because of all of these videos of some random girl in a bikini shooting a gun getting millions of hits.

Almost 6 months and nothing to report. My GWG had to dye her hair pink and purple for a job in LA (the one I don't live in). Production delays are really irking me. About a month ago, I was ready to scrap the whole project.

Back