"Surviving Family" is now on iTunes!

I've been following your progress with interest, you've put dedication into this project that you don't see that often on "our" level. Glad to see you get the gold! Congrats!

Mara! You are so wonderful, and as I have always mentioned it was my honor to assist with the delivery of your film.

Just so everyone know, Mara was top notch to deal with. I know she thanks me a lot but in reality when you have a producer that is patient and understanding it makes the aggregators lifes a lot easier. :)

Congrats Mara! - Amazon next!!!

( For those who do not know why an iTunes release before Amazon is typically ideal at times is because iTunes offers 70% of each sale and Amazon offers 50% (there is more to it though) subscribe to our newsletter on our homepage - We will be releasing data like this in a few weeks. www.distribber.com )

( For those who do not know why an iTunes release before Amazon is typically ideal at times is because iTunes offers 70% of each sale and Amazon offers 50% (there is more to it though) subscribe to our newsletter on our homepage - We will be releasing data like this in a few weeks. www.distribber.com )

Thanks Nick for the explanation!

But filmmakers also need to consider that getting their film onto iTunes is far more expensive due to higher quality control while getting onto Amazon is almost cost free. So there is a cost / benefit analysis to be made.

Thanks Nick for the explanation!

But filmmakers also need to consider that getting their film onto iTunes is far more expensive due to higher quality control while getting onto Amazon is almost cost free. So there is a cost / benefit analysis to be made.

Oh yes, all scenarios are in the documents. By the way, nice to see you online ;)

On a side note, I was able to get my movie Geek Mythology onto iTunes by turning it into an app. It's not the idea way as apps have their own approval process and you aren't listed as a movie.

While it may not be ideal, it's impressively creative!

Mara! You are so wonderful, and as I have always mentioned it was my honor to assist with the delivery of your film.

Just so everyone know, Mara was top notch to deal with. I know she thanks me a lot but in reality when you have a producer that is patient and understanding it makes the aggregators lifes a lot easier. :)

Congrats Mara! - Amazon next!!!

Subbed. Thanks for the info!

I was just wandering around NY this weekend and saw several of the "Sex With Strangers" posters - my first reaction was "Hey, that's the guy from 'Surviving Family'"!

How did you arrive at your price point? Was there any consideration of going lower? Did any of your stars help promote the movie on iTunes through Twitter or Facebook and did it help?

ITunes sets the price point.

The actor who has been the biggest help/support from the time we wrapped through festivals, iTunes, and now onto my next feature is Tara Westwood, who plays the older sister of the main character. While she's not a household name, she knows a ton of people in the NY indie world and always promotes the movie on facebook & in person.

For the others, honestly, it was a job that they were hired to do (there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - it's just reality). But I've benefited a great deal from the rising profile of several of our actors.

Just wanted to bump this post in case anyone is looking for a movie to watch on Saturday night!

My first feature, Surviving Family, stars Billy Magnussen, who People Magazine recently named one of their "40 actors to watch" in the coming year.

You can download it on iTunes by clicking here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/surviving-family/id904568522
This is available in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.

Or you can stream it on Distribber Instant by clicking here:
http://www.distribber.com/instant?vid=67
You can stream this ANYWHERE in the world.

I look forward to feedback from the filmmakers on here!

Last edited:
Back