• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Noise Reduction - NeatVideo problem

Hello guys, I am doing image editing of a short film and today I wanted to do last steps and thats noise reduction of final graded image and I did spot a problem while using Neat Video plugin for noise reduction, when i reduced the noise the image started flickering and was completely unusable do any of you have any experience with this problem?

You're doing nr on the graded image? I always apply neatvideo first, then work from there. You could even just make neatvideo the first node instead of the last one, could be a quick fix?

I thought that if I apply neat video at first and then do color correction and grading I will probably change the brightness of some images and that will result in another noise to be filtered later on, but I found some guy experiencing same problem on neat video forums and he says that increasing temporal filter radius worked for him, what are your thoughts about that?

I tried it and i found it may be a problem that the footage is in DPX format which are uncompressed single frames rendered out and put together in sequence which could cause that flickering problem as the noise reduction does not apply for every single frame, i tried the noise reduction with AVI format at it was smooth like a dream

Back