• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Underground Music Documentary

This is great! A bunch of no namers doing it for the love of it. Love the survey. Love the 8mm footage. Love the music. Love the weird animation. Love it all.

Reminds me of a book by a friend of mine, "Salad Days". If the punk acts in your doc don't know of it already, I'd be willing to bet they'd love it.

Poke

"shot a pistal" my god pleases go to a film school and learn at least how to light.Good subject though.Just looks like a 10 year old shot it.

Hey Zensteve,
What is the music that you love?

It's a one-way ticket to midnight... Call it... "Heavy Metal".
smiley_banjo.gif

My brother is all about the alternate scene, though. He no longer has the time to work with any bands, but he still pumps out the occasional track (via his laptop & odd mixers) that echo the era of late 80's / early 90's SoCal punk.

Even though he hasn't played a live gig in 5 years or so, he still follows the careers of those that have continued, and of those who have just started.

_______

"shot a pistal" my god pleases go to a film school and learn at least how to light.Good subject though.Just looks like a 10 year old shot it.

Well... I think a certain someone may need lessons in phrasing constructive criticism.
smiley_creepy.gif

paul curley said:

I think one of the things that makes this more interesting is the minimalistic approach to the photography.

Poke

Dudebro--I agree with Poke on this one. You've got a grittiness to this that matches your subject. Even though everything is rough and raw (film, audio, light) -- I can't imagine it being as effective any other way. I especially liked the performance segments involving crowd reaction. The scene with the band playing on the floor with the crowd ganging in on the mics--it was just...real! Loved it.

Back