• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch EXILE 2010 trailer

hey there

I loved the trailer...very much so you dont need a big budget for a great looking film...when will the movie be released?...Do you have someone doing the score yet?

Hi, filmcomposerdf. I scored the movie. All the music cuts in the trailer are from that score. It has been available for several months, but I'm still trying to push for distribution and sales.

EXILE has been discussed on this forum, but I just wanted to show off this new trailer. I'm glad that you like it!

no problem at all...thats awesome that you scored the movie yourself...Im an aspiring film scorer myself working on my first film...just tryin to find more and more projects for experience and establish a resume...if your ever looking for outside ideas...let me know and id love to help...good talkin to you

Great Trailer. I'll have to go back and check for the threads on your production, congrats on the work and best of luck with the D&S.

Good talking to you, too, filmcomposerdf. What are you using to score with? Any samples?

Thanks, David. It did sell to Japan and Thailand, but I'm hoping that's not the end of it. The original thread has some good comments and is HERE. Since part of it was a giveaway, I didn't want to resurrect it.

I'm more than happy to address any questions or comments, on this thread. :yes:

I have an AKAI MPK49 Midi Contoller/Keyboard and for a program I use Reason 4 w/Record...sounds great...I am currently working on my first score for a short film so I cant send you samples of that but I can send you a couple songs Ive written with some string arrangements...let me know

You should post a couple of links, if you haven't already. I suggest that you upload them to YouTube or a music upload site, so that people who need music can hear your style.

Reason 4 (and Thor) is pretty cool.

The new trailer hits pretty much everything that anyone needs to know, for sure. I like it. :cool:

You have a link to the previous one, btw? I like checking out the before/after thing.

I bought this movie last year. It's a good one, for sure. I think I wrote about it in the thread for the actual film itself.

filmcomposerdf, I sent you an email. Feel free to send me a couple of tracks. I will reciprocate.

Nice, you don't have to apologize for being independent ;)

Do you mean from the YouTube description? I listed some popular movies in my "tags," so I want those people knowing that this is a guerrilla flick. I don't want someone ordering the DVD, expecting a million dollar budget, and saying, "WTF!" :lol:

The new trailer hits pretty much everything that anyone needs to know, for sure. I like it. :cool:

You have a link to the previous one, btw? I like checking out the before/after thing.

Yes, the previous trailer is HERE.

The main difference, aside from the reviewer quotes, is that it is more of a montage. It does not lay out the story/situations, as well as the new trailer. I still like it, but even though it uses a lot of similar shots, it doesn't have the same weight or meaning.

Like advertising, you need to convey specific ideas, in short snippets. In this case, the relationship story, the blind character, and the whole setting of this "other" solar system. It's a lot to get across. I always think I have a great trailer, until I cut a new one. :rolleyes:

Got your songs, filmcomposerdf. "Nothing Left" was my favorite of the two, with it's subtle sounds, underneath. The strings were well done. Like I said, you should get those posted. I'll hit you back with a couple of mine.

Back