• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Harryhausen inspired fx trailer

Hi.
This is intended to be a book trailer but also a computer graphics demo. Uses various digital techniques. Just for fun (though it took a lot longer than a weekend to do it).

Cheers.

Excellent! Nailed the feel and tone of those classic films. I liked the music cues you added from movies, I especially recognised Jerry Goldsmith's cues from The Mummy in there.

Thanks! Good ears! There's also a tiny bit of Raiders as well as Golden Voyage of Sinbad and some Rimsky-Korsakov's Sinbad and the Sea.

Have another trailer I am doing that's over 2 minutes but its got a little ways to go. Sword and Sorcery subject too.

Cool, great choices. The first Ray Harryhausen effects movie I ever saw was Golden Voyage of Sinbad (I personally think it's the best of the three Sinbad movies he worked on) as a kid, which led to my attraction to the video game Prince of Persia, specifically the Super Nintendo version which added boss enemies to fight, and one such enemy is actually a six armed statue not unlike the one in Golden Voyage :D

Great, look forward to seeing the next trailer when compete.

Its my favorite of the 3 films as well.

I planned ahead while learning computer graphics so some models I built as learning experiments eventually (6 years later) were used for the animation (the skeleton and the blemmye-headless man).

The other ad does have a 30 second teaser trailer but its missing sound effects and doesnt have the antique look yet. I might look for a voice narrator for the 2 minute version.

We're back.

I posted my first trailer last year.

The previous link is dead. This is the new one for the old one.

And this is the new ad I made.

Time for a long vacation.

See you in a year!

LOL
Unless I get faster computers.
I can do a fair bit if its SD or not too high resolution like 720 x 1200 but my computer cant handle well beyond that--and nothing takes the fun out of computer graphics and compositing like waiting for an image to process.
I need to do software learning catchup and try some different renderers.

Back