Looking for film DIRECTOR in NY area

Looking for a DIRECTOR for a low/micro budget horror film ($80k approx.) to be shot as soon as the director and technical crew is found, funding has already been secured. There will be minimal compensation, but this is a great opportunity to establish a relationship with an active production company since we are planning to produce 2-3 more films this year (hopefully with slightly bigger budgets) and we are looking for talent to work with on a regular basis.

Production is set in the NY metro area, will consider talent from all areas and backgrounds but will not pay for relocation/hotel (unless we consider the director’s skills unique).

Film will be shot with one (most likely) HD pro-type cam (Pan HDX900 or similar), but lighting, photography and camera movements/angles must be film quality, therefore, both film and HD experience is a plus.

Director with editing abilities/capabilities is also a plus and if you can bring/recommend a quality DP and gaffer willing to work with our budget, you will be on top of our list!

Overall, we are looking for an innovative, tech-savvy director that knows how to tell a quality horror story with limited resources. Students, music video and TV commercial directors/DPs are also welcomed.

Please send me links to your reel demos at

euphoriahorror2008@yahoo.com

I must SEE you work in order to consider you. I prefer to see full shorts or excerpts of your film/short (2-3 min) rather than trailers. Trailers do not show your story telling abilities.

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Wiley Mason Abbas
New York City

Cell Phone: 724-255-0069
E-Mail: wileyabbas@yahoo.com

Objective​

To obtain a responsible and challenging position where my education and work experience will have valuable application

Skills​

Web Designing
Cinematography Skills
Film Directing
Video Editing
People Skills
Leadership Skills
Photography and Advertising
Digital Designing

Regional Gold Key and American Visions Award, 2007 Scholastic Arts and Writing
National Gold Award Recepient, 2007 Scholastic Arts and Writing Awards
Regional Gold Key and American Visions Award, 2008 Scholastic Arts and Writing