Props

Hey Guys,

I love werewolf films throughout the decades from 1913 to present day, but I have always wondered one thing, and it's something that I need to know since I wish to use it in my horror film Hound.

What do people use instead of monkshood/aconite as the plant wolfsbane?

If you are unsure why I ask this, it is because the actual plant is poisonous if consumed or even touched, so I was curious as to what people use, as I have tried searching the internet for answers but all i get is information I already know about the plant in general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheff

How dangerous can this plant be?

“Blooming late summer early autumn they make stunning long lasting cut flowers for indoor arrangements.”

Here in the States one can buy the plants. Just don't eat them or make tea
out of them to serve to your crew.

Blue bonnets look similar, and their seeds are edible -- with proper preparation (without proper preparation they've the potential to cause uncontrollable urination and racing heart, amongst other things).

But as far as looks go, the flower looks pretty similar.

I'm not a major werewolf afficionado, but I can't think of any film that's prominantly featured wolfsbane on screen, with someone ingesting it, so... maybe it doesn't really matter? Chances are all but very well versed botanists won't be able to tell the difference between wolfsbane and oregano. :P

Back