• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch OBAMAception. My side project.

Hey guys, here's a fun video I made a while back featuring our current president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnu-xf4ui_k

Don't read too much into it, some people have had that problem.

It was my first video ever, mind you.
The lighting is bad, I'll admit that. And the color correction didn't help the shadows in his eyes.

But what is wrong with the steadicam and editing in the first 25 seconds?

We're ever not supposed to notice the editing. The film needs to flow and keep us tuned in. Don't do things that distracts the viewer.

Good luck!

Makes sense, and I think my other videos have done a better job. But I am definitely keeping it in mind and learning from your notes.

I'd like your thoughts on the rest of the video, the meat of it is when the action starts.

My philosophy is to stop watching when I've lost interest. If you noticed, most films posted here go without responses at all. There is just too much poor stuff posted up here and one tires of having to explain basic film making techniques over and over again. (Nothing personal! :) )

Basically though, you've answered your own question -- get your meaty stuff right at the beginning, and hook them that way.

Now that this thread has a number of posts drawing more attention to it, maybe one of my fellow film making colleagues here will watch it all the way through and give feedback. You seem to be the kind of filmmaker that won't bite so hopefully it'll happen.

How about it people? You're doing nothing else on this Saturday night!

Good luck!

I echo pretty much everything GuerrillaAngel said regarding the technical aspects.

I did make it all the way through the video.

I do think it's a little disingenuous to say don't read too much into it. You're intentionally trying to push political buttons, which is fine, just don't run from it.

Also Inception and CSI: Miami references seem dated.

Back