• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Django Unchained (Emerging Artist Contest Entry)

So in an attempt to win a trip to Comic Con, my wife entered the Django Unchained emerging artist contest. Unfortunately, she didn't win, but we would still like to get some feedback on her entry if possible.

Here is the YouTube link: http://youtu.be/VV7YJAteI7I

She directed/shot all of the footage with the silhouettes on a Canon T2i. She didn't have access to a green screen, so she had the actors (I was one of them) stand a couple of feet in front of a plain white wall, which was lit with a few lamps creating a silhouette that was exaggerated in post.

For the chain and close up hand shots she used some green poster board as a really cheap improvised green screen. She was even able to do a passable Lee Van Cleef hand shot (the middle finger is shorter at 0:15) by cutting off a corner of the poster board and wrapping it around my finger.

The rest of the video clips and audio were provided. It edited it all together with Final Cut X.

All of that footage was provided as part of the contest? Seems like some of it is from old movies? If she added that then that definately makes her entry invalid.

I thought it was prety cool.

All of that footage was provided as part of the contest? Seems like some of it is from old movies? If she added that then that definately makes her entry invalid.

I thought it was prety cool.

Yes, all the old film footage and music was provided by the contest. She, of course, also shot original footage as well. So, she met all the criteria of the contest.

Glad you liked it!

Back