• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

MovieCloud Breaks Hollywood's Monopoly

Here's the answer I just got via email:

Here is a quick bullet-point rundown of what each pen will contain:

FILMMAKER - 2GB USB Pen Toolkit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 60-minute video tutorial - "Filmmaking Crash Course" - $550 Million Funding Database - Film Commissions & Contacts Worldwide - Talent Guild/Union Contracts - WGA, DGA, SAG & IATSE - Contracts & Agreements - Rules & Regulations - Pre-Production Tutorial - Hollywood Who's Who with Contacts - 42 Filmmaking Forms - 20 Pre-Production Checklists - Movie Cloud Start-Up Page and Name Reservation - More

SCREENWRITER - 4GB USB Pen Toolkit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 60-minute video tutorial - "Screenwriting Crash Course" - Screenwriting Software (Formatting) - Story Development Software (Beat Sheet) - 300 Hollywood Agents - 350 Script Buys - Option & Purchase Contracts - WGA Registration Forms - Legal Forms - Writer-For-Hire contracts - 600+ WGA (credited) Writers-For-Hire (if you need to find one) - Movie Cloud Start-Up Page and Name Reservation - More

PRODUCER - 4GB USB Pen Toolkit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 60-minute video tutorial - "Producing Crash Course" - Budgeting Software - Movie Studio Budgeting - Independent/Low-Budget/Micro-Budgeting ("Reverse Budgeting) - 15 Sample Budgets (Full) - 75 Pre-Production and Post-Production Forms - Check Lists - Producer Contracts - Hollywood's Top 50 Agents & Producer Reps - Hollywood's Top 50 Power Brokers & Deal Makers - Private Placement Memorandum template (+ Various Legal Forms) - Movie Cloud Start-Up Page and Name Reservation - More

DIRECTOR-ACTOR - 4GB USB Pen Toolkit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 30-minute video tutorial - "Directing Crash Course" - 30-minute video tutorial - "Storyboarding & Scheduling" - Scheduling Software - Director's Agent Directory (Names, Addresses, Contact Details) - Actor's Agent Director (same) - Casting Director Database - Actor Training Programs - DGA and SAG Rules, Regulations, Forms and Applications - 500 Actor's Agents and Managers - Movie Cloud Start-Up Page and Name Reservation - More

DISTRIBUTOR-FESTIVALS - 4GB USB Pen Toolkit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 30-minute video tutorial - "Distribution Crash Course" - 30-minute video tutorial - "Film Festivals - Everything You Need to Know" - Financing and Funding Software (and templates) - Film Market and Festival Directory - Hollywood & Global Buyer Directory - Distribution Legal Contracts - 60 Cable & TV Network Buyers - Top 30 Film Festivals - Application Forms and Details - Movie Cloud Start-Up Page and Name Reservation - More

Can't ya just use Google?

It seems interesting and I'm willing to do my research and find out a little more. If it truly is designed to help us out, then all the better.
Damn. I should be charging. I have all of those things except the
video tutorials and the “$500 million funding database”.

Contracts are easy to find - anyone ever checked out Sonnyboo’s
website? Guild and Union contracts are on their website. A Hollywood
“Who’s Who” is one website away. Sample budgets are easy to find.
Film Market and Festival directories are an hour on the internet - less
even. Agents and Managers are easy to find.

As I already said, for the money you get quite a bit. People are buying
this. People buy the Dov Simenns workshop, too. If you would rather
spend the money than poke around on the internet for a few hours
then this is the product for you.

HardWorkinFilmSlave, which one are you thinking of buying?

Dov Simens seems like a great guy. Has anyone here taken his course? He doesn't have any actual "director" or "producer" credits on imdb.com. I'm just curious how "Dov Simens" became the #1 film instructor?
A lot of IT folks have a bunch of writer/producer/director credits.
I mean for example of a teacher doing the craft -> I've seen James Lipton from Inside the Actor's Studio act on TV (he was very good)

All of this stuff is easy to find online... that's not the point. I come from the corporate world... they don't want to search for solutions, they want to buy a packaged solution that they can simply consume. It's why restaurants do well - even though you could grow your own vegetables and raise chickens and pigs.

This may well be a valuable resource for the non-DIY, non-google savvy type of crowd... and it's a big crowd. We just aren't the target demographic for the product. I'll be frank... I probably wouldn't like every film made by everyone on this site (personal preferences and all that), but I'll damn well support each and every one of your attempts to make a living doing what we love.

I say good on him for making a go of this and although I don't know what the product exactly looks like (perhaps some short demo clips would help judge the value of the overall package -- see the hollywoodcamerawork.us demos vs. the product for a demonstration of how well this can work). I hope you find your target audience, hit them hard and sell a million of these!

I just hate seeing for-profit businesses trying to raise money through Crowdfunding, especially ones that have backing from people like Dov Simens who aren't short of cash themselves.

I do not believe one needs to have film credits to teach. Simens
is a motivational speaker - and he’s really, really good. What he
“teaches” is not experience from the producers office or directors
chair, but from understanding how the business works - to a
degree. Nothing he teaches is “wrong”, but everything he teaches
is simplistic: You need money for your movie? You talk to people
with money. Here’s a list of people with money. If they can’t help
you find someone who will.

But he is such a great motivational speaker that most people leave
his class with the motivation to try. And many people need outside
motivation so the service he offers is a good one. And he has made
a fortune on the dreams and hopes of people who want to make
movies.

Is anyone buying the claim made in the video? Here, take this 4GB
Screenwriter Pen Toolkit and you’re a screenwriter! Here, take this
4GB Filmmaker Pen Toolkit and you’re funded!

I’ll answer my own question; yes, people are buying this. So far 64
people have bought one of these “toolkits”.

I just hate seeing for-profit businesses trying to raise money through Crowdfunding, especially ones that have backing from people like Dov Simens who aren't short of cash themselves.
To be fair, each of the levels come with a very specific "perk" so it's
not like people are donating - it's more like they are buying a product.

This failed. He didn't even get 15% of his $315,000 goal.

I guess no one really want to "disrupt" Hollywood after all. All
those 50,000 plus great films will remain unseen.

Back