wide angle lens for ef - full frame

The 11-16 isn't full frame.

haha, okay, so what is? I feel like I've stated the fact that I'm a total beginner at this, so it's obvious I could be unaware of detailed specs. I had thought the link I shared was full frame, but apparently it wasn't. That's fine you want to tell me I'm wrong, but would it really hurt to just give me a suggestion instead of just making me feel like an idiot?

I feel like this forum is based on people who know what they're doing acting like gods and dispensing information because of their own vices, not because they actually want to share their knowledge with others.

I was replying to Will's suggestion - the one you linked is full frame!

The only issue with that one is the massive curved front element - it means you can't use screw-in filters on it, so if you want to use filtration you'll need a matte box with filter holders. It's also very heavy. But considering the price I don't think you can beat that one.

I was replying to Will's suggestion - the one you linked is full frame!

The only issue with that one is the massive curved front element - it means you can't use screw-in filters on it, so if you want to use filtration you'll need a matte box with filter holders. It's also very heavy. But considering the price I don't think you can beat that one.

indeed. i am thinking that a matte box/slider rig will be necessary soon anyway, so thanks for the warning about the curved element

Just a little side note, it's curious that whoever wrote the description describes it as designed specifically for Canon FX cameras. The curious thing is that Canon doesn't describe its full frame cameras as "FX." That's Nikon's lingo. Canon uses "FF." At least, that's been my observation.

Just a small thing. But if I were Tokina, I'd prefer to get that right. :)

Back