• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My concept (Need guidance)

Hey all my name is adithya from India.
I`m graduating in VFX,Last year.
I was working on this concept for my final year project,I have a script....Almost done and i know how it should go.

But the problem is I dont have any money and dont know how to cntact producers but thats for later.First i need help getting a proper screenplay done and guidance in how to approach this whole project.

Below,Is a small excerpt from what my story will be all about.Please do respond.

Tempus Fluvium (fluvius tempore)- A paradox of Time and Fate

Excerpt – A short movie based on Timetravel and Timeloop,When a government expedition to beam light to the sun with nano particles for studying goes wrong,The Sun reacts with a deadly solar flare headed towards earth.

Back on Earth a young boy abused by his father his whole life, loves conspiracies and wants to be a part of one himself,He believes there is a reason for everything bad happening in his life and there is light at the end.

A physicist working on his mother`s theory about timetravel stumbles into one and finds out his fiancé dies in 3 days in an accident,When his plan to prevent it succeeds he ends up with an incurable stage 2 brain cancer.

The young boy who truly believes fate has something miraculous planned for him and a physicist who believes he challenged fate.

Will the mysterious light from sun hold answer to both the lives or does it have something for the whole world to discover.

THEME – Time and fate are tied together and are always contemplating one another.The time may change but the fate will never.

But the problem is I dont have any money and dont know how to cntact producers but thats for later.First i need help getting a proper screenplay done and guidance in how to approach this whole project

I don't want to be a downer but it's unlikely you'll be able to get money out of any producers to fund your school project. At least with the way schools are over here.

As for your question about how to approach the project .. everyone has different writing methods.

Personally I plot out everything high level first in my head.
I tend to get really bogged down by dialogue, so having my first pass describe the subtext of the dialogue, rather than actually writing it, really helps me to speed through a first draft and form a complete story.

just my own personal method

Last edited:
Can you be more specific about what kind of writing advice you are looking for?

I like the premise of your story, seems smart and also has some out-of-the-ordinary turns in store. But you need to tie it together to a working plot, or, if you have that plot already, describe it here. 3-act-structure tells me you want to make a "story" out of this, in the conventional sense.

I actually like writing dialogues, but hate writing descriptions or action lines :)

Besides, it's a short script. I suppose characters don't talk much there. Most of short scripts I have read or short movies I have seen - barely have dialogues, if not at all.

Back