• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DEBUT: Jessehero

My directorial and film making debut, and also my AP English final:

JESSEHERO (~60 MB, 9 minutes)

http://cmaher.takiweb.com/jessehero.wmv

It is somewhat experimental, I guess, but it is story driven.

It is about a semi-retarded guy walking home from school. The other guy you see is his nemesis.

A lot of people found it quite confusing.

Please tell me what you think of it and any problems you see.

I think you could easily trim it to 6 minutes without losing anything. :)

I'm not sure I understand how it is story-driven. Experimental... sure. Symbolic... most likely. Clearly defined story, characters and arcs... no way.

The first third with the street signs was intriguing. (The posts on the power poles were hilarious, btw).

Half of the fadeouts could be replaced with straight dissolves or just plain cuts. Many times nothing new or notable occured afterwards, as a solemn fadeout & return suggests.

I want to trade dogs with you, too. Sausage-dogs are :cool:

When pulling the sword... was that the tune from Zelda or Mario Brothers? I won't be able to sleep, not knowing.

You had some interesting framing towards the end, particularly on the basketball court.

If you find the sound to be blown out (as in the beginning, with wind), maybe consider removing that audio track and replacing it with a more natural sound. (I suck at sound and do that all the time). :lol:

its from chrono chross, the tune

posts on power pole? you mean the forbidden signs?

i think the car scene is unnecessary, but what else do you think is unnecessary?

i wasn't sure what category to put it in.

This is definitely experimental. It's odd, but I liked it. You certainly have good taste in film music. And you get bonus points for the Goats and for the Daschund. I have a half Weenie, half Beagle mix...he's a Beaner...or a Weegle...I'm not sure. Of course your little friend is a better actor than my guy (check him out in my latest film).

Poke

Back