• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Crash The Super Bowl - Enter Now

No word from our editor yet. Probably struggling to get all that footage down to 30 secs. It easily plays out at 60 secs. /le sigh

Meanwhile, here's a still of our Sleeping Beauty. JPG makes her look a bit soft. :)

Click for large

No word from our editor yet. Probably struggling to get all that footage down to 30 secs. It easily plays out at 60 secs. /le sigh

Meanwhile, here's a still of our Sleeping Beauty. JPG makes her look a bit soft. :)

Click for large

i feel you on the whole 30 second deal.

the production quality for the sleeping beauty actually looks top notch.
Excited to see the commercial

rogypro -- great job! Your submission is pretty dang funny, and it looks great. I think you'll be on the short-list of teams that might become finalists.

Steve -- I'd be happy to lend my chopping skills to your project. Deadline is Friday. I have an opening in my schedule that would allow me to cut it this Thursday morning. Brevity is one of my strengths. No need for me to replace your current editor; my work would most likely be enough in junction with theirs so that we both get equal credit. Hit me up, any time tomorrow, if interested.

Steve -- I'd be happy to lend my chopping skills to your project. Deadline is Friday. I have an opening in my schedule that would allow me to cut it this Thursday morning. Brevity is one of my strengths. No need for me to replace your current editor; my work would most likely be enough in junction with theirs so that we both get equal credit. Hit me up, any time tomorrow, if interested.

Heh, if only I'd known earlier. :blush:

Current editor is having all kinds of issues in Vegas with the footage, which is crashing. Just on this project. All the other DSLR projects on same computer run fine. At any rate, he was finally able to squirt out a lo-res cut for me to recreate in HD... and apparently the editor was not aware that any music had to come from the official Doritos toolkit. :rolleyes:

I'll see what the deal is in the morning. :bag:

Until a few days ago, I'd been planning on doing my own. Anyway, let me know by 10 pm EST tonight, so that I'll know if I need to go to bed early.

Still stuck on the uploader to Doritos, but here it is on my Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/53724046
pw: lolwhyme

Editor ended up being unable to create an HD export, so I had to recreate it from eyeballing it lol. Also CC'd a bit, but not the way I'd wanted (as seen in still above) The new orange skintone's not my choice; I think dir#1 is pandering to the Nacho Cheese vote a bit heavily with it.

Also, the music choice is a bit weird. Editor had to replace all the original music, as mentioned above somewhere.

At any rate, had to speed things up to make it fit 30 secs exactly.

An interesting comparison is this rough assemble I threw together of all the elements that were supposed to make it into this commercial. I'm going to trim it down to a slick 60 seconds, when I have a breather. So here's that bit (no sound, fx or music, etc):

https://vimeo.com/53560956
pw: aintnoway

Anyways - figured we might run into trouble uploading on the final day, so that's why our entry is SD. Smaller filesize to upload.

Yeah. :cool:

Well, we ain't the only ones having uploading issues. Doritos FB mod directing people to email if they timed out. We ended up with three people trying to upload, after it became apparent that our initial upload was stalled out. Hope they can make this work out. Lots of people having issues with the app, on final day.

Congrats to everyone and good luck! The IT entries ROCK!

Back