FX Smoke

If anyone would like to know how to make a hand held hesse smoker let me know... that way you dont have to rent the bloody things for 45 - 50 a day, the hesse smoke is cheep only 25 for 2L os the stuff and safer then dry ice.

also if you are looking for that vamp smoke look or the mornning dew look.

also the fire on the stand.

just post a Q: and i will get back tou you on it asap

Last edited:
Hessie Smoker

:D http://members.shaw.ca/jordan-spfx/hessie smoker.swf

Will Vincent and myself had a chat last night about the dimensions of the smoker so this is it.

1 foot squared by 2 and a half foot tall so about the same size as a 2 Lt jug of bleach, it can be made from scrap metal that you can fined at a junk yard however the trick is the thing has to be squared and the weld must be a fined bead, also the tub that runs down the center has to house the propaine tanks nozzle head the propane tank is one of them small ones you may have seen a guy use on a car to reattach his muffler or just to heat up some soldering stuff, well the housing has to be rounded and the pre heating unit on the end should be about half the size as your computer mouse the weld on it can have gaps in it as this section of the Hessie can breath a bit its ok. any Questions feel free to ask away.

next up steam.

Last edited:
this one

King Goldfish said:
Just curious how much Carbon Monoxide this thing kicks out.

I would hate to be in a closed set with something using propane. assuming I read this right.

this one can be used in a closed set however use it only when you have to, set it outside to heat up for about 20min then bring her in set it off for a bit then waft your smoke about for that cool look then turn it off.

it is best for the out side but then again we are indie so its all good lol.

lol.. i can just see you in the middle of a shoot and the carbon monoxide detector going off and everyone falling over.

<inserts evil grin here>

actually I shouldnt laugh at that. I had that happened once. I got poisoned from a car exaust in a friends car and had to go get a breathing treatment at the hospital.

My old boss had a car like that.. I dreaded when I had to use it to haul gear.. especially if it wasn't just down the street... he sent me on an hour commute in that thing once and I thought I was going to die. Holes in the exhaust, holes in the floor.. exhaust came inside faster than fresh air would.. it was not fun. :)

But looking back on it is..

Mine was from an old VW squareback that he owned. Im driving and i couldnt understand why I kept getting headaches and dizzyness until I almost passed out.

it was the doctor who figured it out and sure enough I had it monitored and it had high levels of exaust. He sold the thing to me and I had it fixed and drove it for a while.

how would you like to be the car next to me on the highway :)

Thats awsome John. Make a video tutorial and I will host it on my site. I have room. Try and make it under 40 megs if possible. I might have to break it into segs since Globat doesnt like anything over 20 meg bits.

Back