Offering CASH for feedback on a beta site

Hi All,

I need feedback from film makers. I'm offering $75 for that feedback. $75 for feedback

MyGolio is designed for artists to connect, collaborate build a track record. It is essentially a posting board (like indytalk or Craig's List) merged with a feedback system (like Ebay). If you are putting in 100% effort shouldn't your collaborators also put in 100%.

MyGolio Highlights:
- Free to join
- Free to post a project, connect, etc.
- Forum to give Kudos to your collaborators
- Build a reputation by working on interesting projects
- The site needs design work - it's ugly and i know it

If anyone has any questions contact info is on the site.

I look forward to hearing from you!

I don't need the money or have time to work on a site. I've made many a website before though. Add the essential buttons (home, forum, contact us) to the top. Also, and importantly, add social media icons. Make sure people can share on Facebook and Twitter.

Never use sounds or noises. Annoying. Never use videos or pictures. Load time.

Never use sounds or noises. Annoying. Never use videos or pictures. Load time.

Sounds and noises can be annoying indeed: you can leave them out.

However, I do not agree with 'never use videos or pictures'.
Internet is a text PLUS visuals medium.
Just use pictures that load fast without looking crappy.

Pictures

Hi, I started out with a single picture on a user's profile. It seems to load fast even on a phone (partly due to the tech the site is built on).

I'm thinking about adding a single picture to a project. Projects posts should drive interest and excitement. If I was trying to build a team for a zombie haunted house I'd want to put up a zombie picture.
I'll avoid sound, animation, etc. I'm personally very conscious of load times. :)

Social Links

The site currently allows users to add external links to their profile and to projects. Users could highlight articles, youtube, photo blogs etc.

I have my own working habits which influenced the design. Before starting out I never tweeted, updated fb, etc. As I worked on the site I started blogging. Through blogging I realized how convenient it is to push updates through tweets, fb, etc. Wordpress has the buttons set up and ready to go.

I now realize if I started a new project on MyGolio I'd want to alert my twitter and fb feeds. These buttons are now on my to-do list.

Cool, I could give you feedback for $75.
I guess I will sign up. Should I send you an email too?

I have a software background so I should be able to give you decent feedback.

More details on the beta-feedback ask

Hi - sorry this is spelled out in the link but I'll try to make it clear here too.

MyGolio is designed for artists to connect, collaborate and give KUDOS. But it is really about kudos - I believe feedback will allow people to quickly identify great collaborators once there is an active community.

I need to test and refine the design. Currently the feedback (mostly from 20 yr olds) is the site is too ugly for them to want to use. Graphic Design work is coming. I also need to know about the mechanics.

Real feedback helps me prioritize my efforts. I'm looking for feedback from 'users'. That is people who actually used the site to organize a little project. Little can be super little; the first 'users' put together 1 - 1 hr band rehearsal.

What's involved:
- Join
- Post a project
- Have a friend also join and volunteer for your project
- Use the site to organize yourselves (very basic today intentionally to keep it lean and mean)
- Finish the project, close the project on the site
- closing the project triggers a feedback exchange - post kudos for each other
- I'll ask you a couple 20 sec questions about setting up a project and giving feedback
- It sounds like a lot but my estimation is it shouldn't take more than 15 min.

Let me know how it goes.

Do you have a graphic designer?
I've gotten one from 99designs.com before. Helps a lot.

Or I could refer one to you.

Thanks for the offer. I have a designer working on a re-skin of the site. The logo, fonts, layouts, etc. are all being re-considered.
He is not changing the flow of the site or the functions...

Social Account

So login design was a miss-step...

I'm conscious of privacy concerns. The site also needs to be as 'convenient' as possible.

The solution we came to was this OAuth system where users simply click the icon and the programming asks Google or FB or Twitter to authenticate the user for us. We never see your account other than your name and the associated email. This way we handle zero passwords! The site is as secure as Gmail (which i assume is pretty secure).

Unfortunately - OAuth isn't as familiar to people as I'd hoped. I need to put in a simple email/password login. This is also on my to-do list.

Back