Why do indie filmmakers usually stay away from true story films?

I feel like there was an actual conversation about film going on until you came here to harass, ridicule and name call. I'll be glad when you're gone.

i'm here for info.

From where I'm sitting, you don't show it. I'm guessing most of those here with the knowledge figure it's wasted on you and don't bother replying to you anymore. You've got a lot of work to do before you're going to get any useful information from your threads on indietalk. I suppose there's nothing like passive learning, right?

no rules against pseudonyms . but i see what your saying

It has nothing to do with pseudonyms, site rules etc.. That being said, it's to be expected from you. It's just another one of those missteps I've come to expect from you.

From where I'm sitting, you don't show it. I'm guessing most of those here with the knowledge figure it's wasted on you and don't bother replying to you anymore. You've got a lot of work to do before you're going to get any useful information from your threads on indietalk. I suppose there's nothing like passive learning, right?

It has nothing to do with pseudonyms, site rules etc.. That being said, it's to be expected from you. It's just another one of those missteps I've come to expect from you.

we dont have to be friends do we. cant i ask a question . i dont know forum rules. its my first. someone calls me out says something silly. the best knowledge can be learned from someone being very critical. I give good info too. Its too bad the truth doenst always line up with peoples delusions. You dont have to ask for it for it to be knowledge.

Grats. There's not too many people who want to make films who are stupid enough to do the Anti-Semitism thing. Do you still wonder why I say you're your own worst enemy.

I figured if I kept him talking his real colors would shine through for the world to see.

we dont have to be friends do we

You're an arrogant, ignorant, aggressive, unlikable, know-it-all. It's about the worst combination I've seen. Who'd want to be associated... hell... who'd want to know you, let alone be friends with you? You seem to go out of your way to make people dislike you. Don't tell me you're so stupid that you think this makes people want to help you?

No one who knows you here has been helping you for quite some time now. Please tell me you're aware that you're taken the focus of ridicule away from h44 and placed it squarely upon yourself.

i dont know whos defining trolling these days. But when someone brings up stupd shit just to disagree then is wrong, and then reports you because he is wrong. What you have there is someone deservant of being laughed at especially when he tries to debate my point with an off topic beer pong doc. Its laughable i'm done talking about morons

I used trolling as a euphemism.
You behave like an internet worrior anxious to compensate whatever you lack by behaving like an arrogant prick. You say you give good info as well. I haven't seen it: you either disagree like a child 'NO!' or you insult people.
Claiming that one can learn from harsh criticism may be true at it's core, but you are a crappy critic mistaking being harsh for being helpfull deluded by some illusion of superiority. Your criticism has not helped anyone anywhere, because it's mere purpose seemed to be to inflate your own ego instead sharing insights.
There are members on this forum that actually won Emmies, yet they always geniunly help people with advice and info without any trace of arrogance.

I agree we don't have to be friends.
I agree we may disagree on everything.
And I'm no stranger to irony or sarcasm (but at least I try to show when I'm joking)
But I disgree with not being friendly. You say you've never been on a forum?
Have you ever been to a pub?
Or to a birthday party with lots of strangers?
Or to a supermarket?
Do you antagonize people the same way in those places?
Do like to walk in and insult people on a personal level?
"Happy birthday! Wow, I didn't know your friends were so fat, stupid and ugly!" pretty much kills the party, right?

I (almost) always give people the benefit of the doubt as I gave it to you, hoping you would 'calm down' from your 'my feature is the best, but I won't show anything'-trip.

Now you are saying sfoster was off topic: he was not.
In the flow of the conversation the topic went to: would your life be interesting enough?
Someone said... well let me bring in some quotes:

............you see anyone making your life story.? You get what i'm sayin

Jon tried to make a point, but sfoster proved to be 'the exception'.
You couldn't believe it, so:

ya sure a documentary who gives a shite. and your story was what. lets see this bud

And then you still did not believe him:

ru fing serious. academy award winner wouldnt do that video camera bs. Beer pong hahaha.

But Sean did not lie.
1 Attempt in Google and I found the IMDb-links, especially for you, but you apparently couldn't process that factual info anymore as your mind was clouded by your opinion on the topic and aesthetics of a documentary, which you just needed to express in a personal insult.

So, grow up a bit!
You may think you're a god send gift to the world of cinema, but don't let that attitude disrupt your ability to communicate normally with mortal beings.
And I'm not saying this because people on IT are weak or overly emotional, but because it ruins discussions and clouds the information this forum is about.

BTW,
most really great artists are confident, but humble.

And you need to clearify the point you were trying to make :P
Unless Jon's point was your point.
Then we will need to check IP addresses of those 2 accounts, as I see some similarities in spelling, tone of voice, the '10' and 'toronto'... :P
(Sorry Jon... I could not unsee it, lol. You don't sound as harsh as david)

PS.
When will you be able to show your trailer?

Last edited:
I used trolling as a euphemism.
You behave like an internet worrior anxious to compensate whatever you lack by behaving like an arrogant prick. You say you give good info as well. I haven't seen it: you either disagree like a child 'NO!' or you insult people.
Claiming that one can learn from harsh criticism may be true at it's core, but you are a crappy critic mistaking being harsh for being helpfull deluded by some illusion of superiority. Your criticism has not helped anyone anywhere, because it's mere purpose seemed to be to inflate your own ego instead sharing insights.
There are members on this forum that actually won Emmies, yet they always geniunly help people with advice and info without any trace of arrogance.

I agree we don't have to be friends.
I agree we may disagree on everything.
And I'm no stranger to irony or sarcasm (but at least I try to show when I'm joking)
But I disgree with not being friendly. You say you've never been on a forum?
Have you ever been to a pub?
Or to a birthday party with lots of strangers?
Or to a supermarket?
Do you antagonize people the same way in those places?
Do like to walk in and insult people on a personal level?
"Happy birthday! Wow, I didn't know your friends were so fat, stupid and ugly!" pretty much kills the party, right?

I (almost) always give people the benefit of the doubt as I gave it to you, hoping you would 'calm down' from your 'my feature is the best, but I won't show anything'-trip.

Now you are saying sfoster was off topic: he was not.
In the flow of the conversation the topic went to: would your life be interesting enough?
Someone said... well let me bring in some quotes:

Jon tried to make a point, but sfoster proved to be 'the exception'.
You couldn't believe it, so:

And then you still did not believe him:

But Sean did not lie.
1 Attempt in Google and I found the IMDb-links, especially for you, but you apparently couldn't process that factual info anymore as your mind was clouded by your opinion on the topic and aesthetics of a documentary, which you just needed to express in a personal insult.

So, grow up a bit!
You may think you're a god send gift to the world of cinema, but don't let that attitude disrupt your ability to communicate normally with mortal beings.
And I'm not saying this because people on IT are weak or overly emotional, but because it ruins discussions and clouds the information this forum is about.

BTW,
most really great artists are confident, but humble.

And you need to clearify the point you were trying to make :P
Unless Jon's point was your point.
Then we will need to check IP addresses of those 2 accounts, as I see some similarities in spelling, tone of voice, the '10' and 'toronto'... :P
(Sorry Jon... I could not unsee it, lol. You don't sound as harsh as david)

PS.
When will you be able to show your trailer?

isnt this the guy who made me think i would need a lawyer for a week? how do you think you get to speak to me. fuck off a hole. how about that?

isnt this the guy who made me think i would need a lawyer for a week? ....

No, that was someone else.
If you are pointing to sfoster: you need to read beyond the first letter of a name.
This actually shows how clouded your vision is by opinions and emotions and explains you could not see the facts presented to you.

And I also said something about that lawyer-thing on your behalf, because that was also not the IT spirit.
(So if you were referring to me as 'the guy', you need to check your memories better. Your 1 lined-replies to longer posts are not always as clear as you think they are. This example demonstrates this as I'm not completely sure who you mean with 'the guy'.
Nevertheless, even if Sean was 'the guy' he was still not lying about the documentary.)

........how do you think you get to speak to me..........

Well, I got this browser I can type text in.
The big secret is, read carefully: to think before you type instead of being a slave to primordial reflexes. :P

Besides that: on IT we are all equals, although we are not the same.
Everyone comes here to ask and give advice and to discuss filmmaking and movies in a cvilized manner.
IT is not a class society where one can't speak to certain people. If you prefer such a system you might consider building a timemachine and zap yourself to ancient times. Just beware you don't end up in India as an 'untouchable'. ;)

......fuck off a hole. how about that?

I don't think I will do something with this dramatic and rude reaction.
Actually, I will just ignore it and I won't mirror your attitude.
I don't wish you anything bad at all.
You might need a hug, though... maybe that will help you to relax a bit. So I hope there actually is someone in the world who loves you.

You're an arrogant, ignorant, aggressive, unlikable, know-it-all. It's about the worst combination I've seen. Who'd want to be associated... hell... who'd want to know you, let alone be friends with you? You seem to go out of your way to make people dislike you. Don't tell me you're so stupid that you think this makes people want to help you?

No one who knows you here has been helping you for quite some time now. Please tell me you're aware that you're taken the focus of ridicule away from h44 and placed it squarely upon yourself.

you already established that you dont like me last thread when you were called out for making worry about something for like 2 weeks. good for you. yet i'm still bothering you. just cant let it go . I'll haunt your dreams :yes:

No, that was someone else.
If you are pointing to sfoster: you need to read beyond the first letter of a name.
This actually shows how clouded your vision is by opinions and emotions and explains you could not see the facts presented to you.

And I also said something about that lawyer-thing on your behalf, because that was also not the IT spirit.
(So if you were referring to me as 'the guy', you need to check your memories better. Your 1 lined-replies to longer posts are not always as clear as you think they are. This example demonstrates this as I'm not completely sure who you mean with 'the guy'.
Nevertheless, even if Sean was 'the guy' he was still not lying about the documentary.)

Well, I got this browser I can type text in.
The big secret is, read carefully: to think before you type instead of being a slave to primordial reflexes. :P

Besides that: on IT we are all equals, although we are not the same.
Everyone comes here to ask and give advice and to discuss filmmaking and movies in a cvilized manner.
IT is not a class society where one can't speak to certain people. If you prefer such a system you might consider building a timemachine and zap yourself to ancient times. Just beware you don't end up in India as an 'untouchable'. ;)

I don't think I will do something with this dramatic and rude reaction.
Actually, I will just ignore it and I won't mirror your attitude.
I don't wish you anything bad at all.
You might need a hug, though... maybe that will help you to relax a bit. So I hope there actually is someone in the world who loves you.

no it wasnt. i dont know why your responding to everything since it wasnt you. but umm thanks?

isnt this the guy who made me think i would need a lawyer for a week?

Comprehension troubles? What a surprise.

you already established that you dont like me

I thought it best to be clear in case you're too stupid to realize.

last thread when you were called out for making worry about something for like 2 weeks.

You still haven't figured it out yet. Let me know when you meet jail-house husband.

You know you're right. There's just something about him that screams, "I'm a prick. I don't deserve help". I still don't think he deserves to go to jail for some of his dumb plans. I felt I had no reason to do anything more than warn him of his potential legal perils.

Did you end up passing the information on to him?

I'll haunt your dreams

Hardly. More like an antidote when we run out of interesting stories to tell. The way I see you is akin to watching a 5 year old screaming random words at strangers, clucking around like you owned them, when in truth everyone's scratching their head wondering, "What's the f'ing retard going on about now?"

Comprehension troubles? What a surprise.

I thought it best to be clear in case you're too stupid to realize.

You still haven't figured it out yet. Let me know when you meet jail-house husband.

You know you're right. There's just something about him that screams, "I'm a prick. I don't deserve help". I still don't think he deserves to go to jail for some of his dumb plans. I felt I had no reason to do anything more than warn him of his potential legal perils.

Did you end up passing the information on to him?

Hardly. More like an antidote when we run out of interesting stories to tell. The way I see you is akin to watching a 5 year old screaming random words at strangers, clucking around like you owned them, when in truth everyone's scratching their head wondering, "What's the f'ing retard going on about now?"

right thats why you had no answer for it. and when the other guys spoke you shut your mouth. Your a jealous keyboard warrior. you have nothing to say.

thats why you had no answer for it

You try your best to make dunces feel smart, don't you?

You still aren't worth the answer.

Your a jealous keyboard warrior

What have you accomplished that could make anyone jealous? You playing the fool doesn't count.

Can anyone think of an accomplishment that davidevans10 has done?

What have you accomplished that could make anyone jealous? You playing the fool doesn't count.

whats a keyboard warrior?

Last edited:

you dont know who i really am. Ive dont alot haha and i'm coming out with much more. Your a loser who spends way too much time on here faking a filming life

you dont know who i really am. Ive dont alot haha and i'm coming out with much more. Your a loser who spends way too much time on here faking a filming life

I guess learning grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are still on your "to do" list, though.

Back