• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Film "The Killing Hand"

Looking for some feedback on our trailer. Please go to www.thekillinghand.com/trailer.html and let me know your thoughts.
I look forward to your responses.
Thanks
Andrew

The follow is a synopsis of the film.

Synopsis
Walking in the shadow of his past, Bruce searches for purpose
and acceptance on the streets of the city. They are home to the Killing Hand – a band of thieves and killers whose ruthless leader conspires to rule the city through intimidation and fear.
Bruce must endure the trials of the gang, and face the painful truth of his past. His only hope of salvation is the priest who took pity on him. Can he truly repent, or will he surrender and pursue sin like an addiction?
It is said that there is evil inherent in all men. Some renounce it. Others embrace it.
How far would you go to justify your evil?

Looks interesting, however, most of the trailer is just too dark for me to see what is going on. Is this due to the quicktime file, or is the film that dark? That'd be a little frustrating...

I actually thought that the movie had a good dark texture to it and it didn't
need to be any brighter for my taste as it would have taken away from the dark sidedness of the theme.
The fight scenes were okay not bad really and the only reason I say that is
because fight cheorograhpy is my specialty.
But all around I thought it was pretty good and shot on a GL1 camera not
bad that was my first real camera about 3 years ago.
Well good luck and keep up the good work and I hope to see the final product one day.

Director1

Director1 said:
I actually thought that the movie had a good dark texture to it and it didn't
need to be any brighter for my taste as it would have taken away from the dark sidedness of the theme.

Yeah, I understand having a "dark texture" as you say, but some scenes it was basically black and I had no clue what was going on. It could just be my monitor or the transition to a quicktime file, but I couldn't see ANYTHING in some of the scenes...

- Mike.

Yeah somtimes dark is good somtimes real dark not good. I feel this trailer lands somwhere in between. You may just want to tweak the contrast and vid levels a tad, not too much just a tad.

Jason

Thanks for your input

The reason that the trailer may seem a bit dark is mainly because it was created on a Mac with quicktime. Mac's in general display colors more brightly then on PC's. For those of you that viewed it on a PC I appologize that it looked dark. I will make sure to pass this along to our Editor so that he can tweak it a bit more so that it looks good on both platforms.

Other then it being dark does this film look like something that you would like to see?

Thank you all for taking the time to view it and providing me input.

Andrew

Nice camera work, the lighting is hard to judge because of the compression, but for the most part, I could see everything. Most of the action seems to take place at night so it is actually impressive to keep all the action lit, and justifiably lit under those conditions.

You kept the trailer moving along very well and the high paced energy was well served by the music.

Thanks for your comment mediathreat. This film was almost entirely shot at night so lighting was a bit tricky. We scouted locations that had the right look with existing street lights that bathe the alleyways in pools of orange and blue. This allowed us to concentrate on positioning our own light to help accentuate the action. But this also meant having to put the lights in relatively high places to simulate the street lights. Though this was difficult we are very please with the look that we achieved.

Also for those of you that are interested in listening to some more of the score you can go to the following link. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=58555&T=2975
when you get there, click on the song titles to have a listen.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
Andrew

Back