Search Problem

This just a suggestion based on a problem I've now had on a couple of occasions.

When you are searching it automatically filters out words which are, I think, three or less letters long. I understand that this is for words like 'a', 'it', 'of', 'and'...etc, which will appear in every post but for other things it's very frustrating...

For example- I was searching for a thread on xlr cables the other day. After scanning through the list of posts that came up for a while I realised that almost none of them were referring to XLR, but just cables in general. That's when I realised what had happened...

I realised because it's happened before when I've searched 'UK Filmmakers' before realising that there aren't really a massive amount of filmmakers in the UK, just that UK got filtered out of the search.

Would it be possible to allow three letter and less words so long as they're not part of a list of words (like the above) that occur very commonly? I think this is important in lieu of the rise in the number of acronyms for new technology (I guess they've always been around, but there feels like a lot of them).

It's just a thought.

As a work-around you can do a google search that references just this site.

Just search like this:

xlr cables site:indietalk.com

Back