• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Twilight Zone Style shorts available

Twilight Zone style shorts available:

"Die". Thriller/drama 29 pages, by Stan Jankaitis
Someone wants to kill Karen Gabrial. Her house is broken into, she is receiving terrifying phone calls but when the police arrive they can find no sign of forced entry.
What they do find is an investigation into terror.

"Charley's Jail" 30 pages, by Stan Jankaitis
Charley's football career is cut short by an auto accident. He becomes a reclusive alcoholic who one day is arrested and thrown into a strange and weird prison.

Contact via email (yukonsnow@nni.com) for scripts.
Script will be sent as a scanned virus free PDF or word RTF attachment?
Thank you for your time
Stan Jankaitis USA

Resume:
Published and produced works of Stan Jankaitis.

Moving On, feature in pre-production, signed to Oliver Gralh, 3dGen Production, Ireland/Germany,

Charley's Jail. Thirst For The Forest, Die The Sweetness
Radio Plays. Produced by ShoeString Productions. Primary Broadcast station KUSF San Francisco, USA.

Jeb And The Bank Loan. Comedy Skit. Brooklyn Publishers, 1841 cord street.
Odessa Texas.

Daystar (Jankaitis & Galliano) WGA registered, feature screenplay. Represented by MelodyVision,
Philadelphia PA.

Amenti (Jankaitis & Galliano) Action/adventure feature.

Snap, action/drama, optioned by Andrew Sarcone Productions

Back To Eden, short story, Computeredge Magazine.

Train Ride To An Echo, and Destiny Of Fire, short stories, The Storyteller
Magazine.

Ten Fold Strong, poetry, True Romance Magazine.

Instinct Of Survival, novella, Synergebooks.

BMI published songwriter. Andrew Kingman Music,
TJC Communications, Bosken Music. DAKA Records.

Stan,
Welcome to indietalk! I noticed you two scripts are about 30 pages each. This usually results in a film that is about 30 minutes, which is the no man's land of filmmaking. Long shorts (longer than 15 mins) are often hard to get into festivals, etc. and are not likely to get snatched up right away. I am not trying to be condescending or anything, just making sure you are aware that filmmakers like myself (trying to breakthrough) are more likely to look for 10 page shorts or 80+ page features.
I know that some stories just don't fit those constraints, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that 30 pages is a tough script length for most of us. :huh:

Too long

I agree. Anything over 15 pages is very iffy. Oftentimes these longer shorts are just features masquerading as a short film. Either they have way too much filler (usually not the case), or they can be expanded into something longer by strengthening and exploring certain elements. I directed a 25 minute short and realized it could easily have been a feature.

The great advantage the Twilight Zone series had was that it was TV. Having 24 page scripts was OK because it's supposed to be a 30 min show. Unfortunately, unless you have connections to get something like that sold in the TV world (are they even making stuff like this still?), it's unlikely a 30 min short will ever find a home unless it is shot on 35mm and has name actors in it.

I love Twilight Zone stuff and am always looking for more scripts to direct (check out some of my work at: www.weltonfilm.com), so if you ever come up with anything shorter, let me know. I'd love to take a look at some other stuff.

Stan, Thanks for posting your works you have avaible to the indie filmmaker. They sound great to me and I'd like to read them. I'll be emailing you here over this weekend. :) By the way Welcome to the boards!

thanks

Thanks for the input. I realize shorts are tough to get produced but i thought I'd post them anyway. You never know. Since the shorts all fall in the same genre I was thinking on the lines of three shorts equal feature length.
I have many features also and I write my shorts with the same time, thought, and energy that I write my features.
One short I wrote was reviewed by a producer who liked it and asked me to bring it up to feature length. I did and he optioned it. It is now in pre-production. (Oliver Grahl productions, 3d gentech).
These shorts here were first written as radioplays and were produced as radioplays and aired nationwide. Someday I may bring them up to feature.
Again, thanks and I appreciate you all taking the time to respond here.
If you want to read any of them please contact me via email.
Thank you kindly,
Stan

Back