Rotoscoping software

While I am beginning to become reasonably OK at greenscreening (with a panoply of little tricks), I would still like to do a little rotoscoping. However, it seems like overkill to buy CS6 just for the purposes of rotoscoping and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for 'pure' rotoscoping software.

Has anyone used any 'pure' rotoscoping software they could recommend?

Unfortunately HitFilm is only for PC, but they will be coming out with a Mac version later in the year.
I will be switching to that due to the fact it is an editing and FX program.

There is very interesting. I like the idea of buying it outright rather than Adobe's method and it looks significantly more compositing-based than, AE.

I know the idea of renting is appealing but it has been significantly more cost-effective for me to buy FCP 7.03 outright than anything else.

MOcha is a perfect software for rotoscoping

Wow, that looks awesome... if I can afford it. There is a version called 'Mocha AE v3.1' which tracks data to FCP7!

As I have FCP7, I will research if Mocha AE can somehow be plugged into FCP7 without AE itself because if it can, I will buy it this weekend. It will take some time to figure out.

Back