• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch wrong guy to mess with - short action film

The action in this was great! Loved the fighting.

Some of the shots were pretty overexposed. At some points the music is too loud and you can't hear the actors talking. At around 1:50 all of a sudden the sound gets kinda crappy.

OVerall pretty good for your first martial arts film. I enjoyed it.

This looks better with the grading you've done. The fat dude is funny. Reminds me of the guy from that Repo show. Some of the music was a little busy for what was happening. The dialogue was hard to understand in places. Subtitles maybe. The action scenes were pretty cool. I would stay away from the "high-flying" stuff if you can't do it big. It looks kinda like "karate in the back yard". :)

Nice work on your film, I enjoyed it though there are a few things you could improve on.

As already said, the audio needs some work. If you can try source some more "powerful" sound effects for when you hit each other, that would help a lot. And as other people have said, the dialogue levels are a little hit and miss so that could do with some work.

Also, it seemed to me that at the time of the 2nd fight, the camera, or the efforts put in to filming, dropped significantly. The colour grading was off, the focus not great, whereas the first fight it all looked quite good. I also thought I noticed a bit too much editing of speed in that fight, though that may just be me.

Overall though I thought it was pretty good, definitely good for your first attempt. Look forward to seeing more!

Something has been bothering me about this short and I figured out what. You shouldn't have killed the buffoon in the end. That character is too ridiculous to be taken seriously, there by too ridiculous to be killed. Just a thought.

Back