Precautions to take for rain, film shoot in 30 days? (Cash on the line)

I have a film shoot scheduled for August 29th which is a Saturday (I need it to be on a weekend).
It's going to end up costing around $8000 to rent gear and pay location/few actors/order props.
I checked on a weather website some say there's a 40% chance of rain on that day which is absurd.

If that happens it's going to ruin the look and feel of this pilot and I'll end up wasting the money.

What kind of precautions can I take? Should I ask the park if I can also book Sunday in case of rain? It might be annoying because I will have to pay more fees and edit the insurance and also have to make sure people can show up for that day.

Do you think weather can predict rain 30 days from now?

One of the weather websites called accuweather says 0% chance or rain and it will be sunny that week.

What do you do in this situation?

Last edited:
It's a park up on a mountain. I was very lucky to be able to get a permit for it because it sort of fits the script perfectly.

The look and feel I want for it is to be bright and sunny, should I look into changing dates right now?

Unless you live some place where it (almost) never rains, it's a gamble regardless of the date you book it for.
Having said that, I'm VERY skeptical of anyone's ability to predict the weather that far in advance.

Last edited:
Unless you live some place where it (almost) never rains, it's a gamble regardless of the date you book it for.
Having said that, I'm VERY skeptical of anyone's ability to predict the weather that far in advance.

Thanks, I'm in Canada BC right now and it rains here all the time in the fall/winter so I'm pretty paranoid about it.

I'll try to keep a look on the weather websites and possibly try to switch it to the week before if that helps.

I'd get in touch with the park and the rental company to see if you can put weather holds for the Sunday.
Other than that, you're just going to have to deal with what you're given on the Saturday.

Back