• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch You wanna hear "Something" by April Smith

WATCH April Smith's Video HERE!!!

April Smith was born at the end of disco and in the middle of punk rock. God said, "Jesus Christ, this one has lungs!". The music is like this: Take Freddie Mercury's range and power, Jeff Buckleys's sentiment and sweetness, Tom Wait's growl, Elvis's lip thing, Pat Benetar's ass and you're getting close. We call it vocally-driven-acoustic-rock for short. Listen, dear........just listen.

Directed by: AMPeters at dinomonster films
Produced by: Liquid Metal Media

Pat Benetar's ass? Had to watch it, reading that. :cool:

She's got quite a set of pipes on her, that's for sure. The song is great. Reminds me of someone (whose name escapes me right now) that I frequently hear on a 'net-radio channel I listen to. Powerful vocals. :)

The video itself was shot very cleanly... would have been nice to mix something more in, though. There's only so many places to be sitting & strumming before it gets old. The rolling-on-bed and in-doorway parts helped a bit... but not enough.

Technically, I think it was shot extremely well. Just lacking a bit in the creative imagery.

I liked it, though. :)

Thanks for the notes. I'm glad you enjoyed it- it's definately missing something, I agree. If only she would stop recording her album long enough to finish it off!

Much appreciate it. It's nice to get the feedback. -amp

The video is beautifully shot and Ms. Smith can sing. I think the thing it's missing is perhaps a short story mixed in. Thing is an artist sitting around singing and strumming isn't very exciting for Joe or Jane Average. I think some shots of some young girl longing for her place in the world and possibly finding it in the strings of a guitar (possibly Ms. Smith's biography)...

But again, beautifully shot.

Poke

very nice. looks great, and the singer is very into the song, full of energy.

the editing and camera movements were enough to satisfy me with the pacing of the video but like mentioned before a few more locations or story would have helped but I think it's definitaly good enough for this music video to get attention. just maybe something to think about for the next video .

keep up the great work!

Back