• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Here's Trina!" - Who wants to meet my animated ex-girlfriend?

[WM]http://www.animagusurreal.websiteallies.com/Here'sTrinaForWeb.wmv[/WM]

Here's a little cartoon comedy about a very - er - analytical girl named Trina based on an ex of mine from a couple years ago. This is how I imagine she would react to my singing her "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday". Individual frames done in Photoshop.

Enjoy :),

Brent M. Parker

Wow :eek:

Someone needs some therapy, for sure... debatable as to who, though. :lol:

This would have been a very difficult short to understand without the backstory you provided, imo.

With that in hand, it was definitely something many people could relate to. (Though I have found there are just as many "analytical" guys as gals, so it's more than just a certain gender stereotype)

Was there any deliberate design choices behind the shape of the head and nose, btw?

Zensteve said:
Wow :eek:

Someone needs some therapy, for sure... debatable as to who, though. :lol:

This would have been a very difficult short to understand without the backstory you provided, imo.

Do you mean about her being based on my ex? Do you think maybe I should put something about that in with the prologue titles that say I'd just finished singing her the song (BTW, on doing that instead of singing it - I don't have the rights to the song, of course, and besides, I wanted to keep it all Trina's face and voice, didn't want my actual voice in it.)

With that in hand, it was definitely something many people could relate to. (Though I have found there are just as many "analytical" guys as gals, so it's more than just a certain gender stereotype)

Yeah, my dad is something of an "analytical" guy. He's going to get a cartoon of his own one of these days... :lol:

Was there any deliberate design choices behind the shape of the head and nose, btw?

Well, to be honest, this is not all that far from what the real person looked like. Aside from that, I wanted her face to take up the entire frame (she's "in your face"). If you're referring to the small size of the nose compared to the face, she had very delicate little features. Also, that and the softness of the face kind of represent this myth of delicacy and frailty she's trying to use to manipulate the person she's speaking to ("me.")

Thanks for watching and commenting,
Brent

Brent,

I liked the piece, the eyes turning to clocks on cue was nice. Seems like you're building up a snappy little pantheon of parodies. I also like your trademark...is it some sort of flying relic?

Will Vincent said:
A bit of a "close talker" was she?

hehe..

Yeah, one of her of her big complaints was that I did want to put my arm around her and cuddle while she was screaming at me :weird: . I actually recorded the sound for a second scene where Trina gets more openly vicious over my singing "Loving You (Is Easy 'Cause You're Beautiful)" - "What about when I'm *not* beautiful, *Brent*?!" - but I cut it because it made the cartoon run too long.

Thanks for commenting :)

bird said:
Brent,

I liked the piece, the eyes turning to clocks on cue was nice. Seems like you're building up a snappy little pantheon of parodies. I also like your trademark...is it some sort of flying relic?

Thanks! :)

"snappy little pantheon of parodies" I like that :)

That's a little dragon I created in Photoshop, (but a lot of people think its an owl.)

You can see the original, non animated picture here -

"Little Dragons on Volcanos"

They were created entirely from scanned-in and Phtoshop-altered coffee filters.

I had already done the animated GIF of the dragon for my website when I finally finished my first cartoon, so I decided to use that as my trademark. Glad you like it.

- Brent

Brent,

That is some seriously funny stuff! I've had my share of those "can't win" relationships, and you just hit the nail on the head! HA!

~ Stephen

loved the colours - such a visually exciting piece, when i am only looking at 1 thing. great stuff.
i really loved the changing shapes of the tears, and the 'notice a pattern'.
:yes: thanks, that was great.

Just wanted to say - thank you all very much for your kind comments - I was especially glad to head that it was "visually exciting," that someone noticed the shapes of the tears, and that it rang true on those "can't win relationships" :) - and...

...to *subtly* mention my new website for my cartoons ;)

AnimagusurrealAnimation.gif

http://animagusurreal.websiteallies.com

- Brent
(animagusurreal)

Last edited:
Back