• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Creating Fire! (After Effects)

I was brainstorming the other day... About dffferent special effects I can include in my future VFX reel. And this was an idea I came up with... I'll probly be uploading different little effect videos like these in the near future. So look out for them!

VFX done in After Effects. Composited in Sony Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaEHGcQtM4s

Let me know what you guys think!

I like the angles in the short action film: Flank. Did you leave the dialog volume out during the first 3 minutes on purpose? Meaning the lips are moving but I can't hear what they're saying.

Fire effects were fairly convincing. When you move your hand, I would expect the flame to lag behind a little bit more though - although I could be wrong, but the compositing was quite good. THe ball of flame in the hand could stand out just a bit more though from the hand itself... perhaps darken the underlying layer to show more of the flame being above the hand rather than blending into it... not sure if that's the solution for me, it just seems a bit too blended into the hand.

I was hoping to see you burn the page without cutting back to a concealing angle (where, presumably, you used a match or lighter). I'm thinking that you could use a tripod, mask out the half of the shot where you have the lighter, and then composite in the hand with the flame, and motion-track in a little camera motion to sell the shot. That would have been impressive... but what do I know?

Looks nice, good blending.

Haha, really? No one? Haha

Dude, don't read too much into any perceived delayed reaction to your movie. I'm one of a handful of people who check out the screening room, regularly, and for me, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes I'll go a couple weeks without watching any, then I watch all of them (that I haven't seen) in one sitting. Sometimes, a random screening will catch my interest. I can't imagine that any members of this forum feel an obligation to instantly watch every single movie that pops up in the screening room, but that doesn't mean that they won't get seen eventually.

Your fire-tricks look pretty damn good. I thought them rather convincing.

And, yes, you suckered me in to watch that other video. If you want some honest critiques, that's the one that needs it.

Did you leave the dialog volume out during the first 3 minutes on purpose? Meaning the lips are moving but I can't hear what they're saying.

Uhh.... No. It's very much, there. Haha.

When you move your hand, I would expect the flame to lag behind a little bit more. The ball of flame in the hand could stand out just a bit more though from the hand itself...

Yea, I could've done that. I forgot to add some shadow directly under the ball of fire. Thanks for the advice.

I was hoping to see you burn the page without cutting back to a concealing angle. I'm thinking that you could use a tripod, mask out the half of the shot where you have the lighter, and then composite in the hand with the flame, and motion-track in a little camera motion to sell the shot. That would have been impressive... but what do I know?

This is very true... I should've gone for that effect!

Dude, don't read too much into any perceived delayed reaction to your movie.

Your fire-tricks look pretty damn good. I thought them rather convincing.

And, yes, you suckered me in to watch that other video. If you want some honest critiques, that's the one that needs it.

Yea, I know... I know I seemed a bit amatuer by saying that. And I apologize for that.
Thank you very much though. :)

And I've learned much since the creation of FLANK... I know there were MANY things wrong with it... So I may already be aware of the criticism you would give me... But if you want to, then go ahead. :)

I liked the fire effects and I enjoyed your short action movie, FLANK.

Thank you very much! :)

Back