Kickstarter Campaign Help

I just recently started a Kickstarter for my first feature film. I have worked in the industry for 5 years. I have about 8 short films that have won some kind of award. And my resume is mostly camera assistant in studio (not big budget) films. The latest thing I have done is Camera Assistant for If I Stay which was in theaters a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, this is the kickstarter I wanted to get some advice on it, if there is anything unclear about it or does not really work. I'm not here to ask for donations but I wouldn't mind either. Please and thank you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mickeymartinez/the-starlet-and-the-viper

P.S I wasn't sure where to put this thread so if it's in the wrong place let me know.

Last edited:
I have actually never made an IMDB. I thought people had to make those of you? I don't know why i thought that now that I think about it.

Okay. Well here is my first tip for you. Crediblity is how you get large funding on Kickstarter... if even success at all.

You said you were the Camera Assistant on If I Stay (which is a large budget film, and Chloe is (in my opinion) a high B list close A list star.) yet IMDb doesn't have you?

Also you said you've worked 8 shorts that won awards? Withoutabox being the most popular way for indies and small studios to submit those projects having them screened automatically makes IMDb pages. (Both Withoutabox and IMDb being of course owned by Amazon and fluidly connected.)

Lastly, on this forum you are new. I have no idea what kind of person you are and frankly that's a little sketchy when your first post is about your kickstarter.

Just my opinion on the matter though of course.

Last edited:
Okay so I should get on IMDb and Withoutabox (I've heard about it, never used it. I usually go to the festivals directly.) Should I hyperlink all of the stuff to the Kickstarter? I read on some blog post that putting things where you are "A part of the crew" and not a pivotal roll in the production isn't a good thing to put up on Kickstarter. Is that just wrong?

I've never been into film forums I just asked around and was pointed here and thought I would give it a shot and get some feedback.

Okay so I should get on IMDb and Withoutabox (I've heard about it, never used it. I usually go to the festivals directly.) Should I hyperlink all of the stuff to the Kickstarter? I read on some blog post that putting things where you are "A part of the crew" and not a pivotal roll in the production isn't a good thing to put up on Kickstarter. Is that just wrong?

I've never been into film forums I just asked around and was pointed here and thought I would give it a shot and get some feedback.

You SHOULD get on IMDb, but not Withoutabox. I just brought up Withoutabox for it's popularity, in all legalness they are the worst possible option for submitting to festivals. If you've had luck without it, keep going that way.

Also even if you aren't part of the main crew, it's better than no proof at all, you know? If you can prove you were part of the crew for If I Stay, yes I would take you more seriously than currently. Would it be enough for me to back your Kickstarter? No, but it proves you're not lying about experience, which could be the decider for a good bit of backers.

So hyperlink proof onto the kickstarter? Yes.

Lastly, I understand. One of earliest posts on this forum was when I decided to ask for backers on an IndieGoGo (I was very young and naive). The site has a lot more to offer than just that though, keep that in mind and I hope to see you on the forums long after your Kickstarter ^_^.

Last edited:
Back