• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Back my movie poster project on Kickstarter at any amount, star in your own poster

Or get a poster for your movie, for that matter. Hey guys, my name is Jän. I make movie posters as gifts for friends and family and have taken my passion for sending up movies to the crowd-funding site Kickstarter. Here's the project. If you want a movie poster for an independent project, a gift, or just to have something legit on your wall, I think I can help you out. I'm not going to lay claim to being a wizard at Photoshop, or even at having a particularly big range (hell, this is my range). What I will lay claim to is being very good at sending up movies in a very personal way. I'd love to make a poster for you.

I'm hoping by way of making these individual posters to create a book/build a portfolio with enough breadth that I can pursue a side career of making posters for independent filmmakers like you all. My mom is a documentary filmmaker who makes incredible films about adoption and other issues whose proceeds pale in comparison to the number of people they touch. I'm not in this to make a buck. There are millions of easier ways to do that. I am passionate about making these posters and want to take it to the next level, which for me is helping people outside my circle of friends and family enjoy some film fantasy every time they glance at their wall. So, if you like the idea, go check out the project on Kickstarter and maybe chip in.

I'd be thrilled if you did - even if the project doesn't get fully funded. If you just want to insult me, I'll do my best to not respond. It's not easy for me to put myself out there, but I genuinely thought you all might be interested in this project and that you could benefit from my help. If you need a poster for your movie, I would love to make it a part of this project. You can also get it rush-ordered. Just let me know.

Thanks for checking it out,
Jän

Back