• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Film Funding Secrets

I hope this is the right section for the thread of my ebook.

Hello all,

My name is Nick Soares and I am an Indie Producer in Ca. I have recently completed my eBook

7 Secrets To Funding Your Film

Just to explain a little of what knowledge is about to enter your brain:

eg; I go over how real film to deal with investors.
I go over how real film investors make their decisions
I go over how to speak the investor language and how this will increase your chances 10 fold

^ These are just a few topics I go over, and they are all 100% from my success's and failures in raising over 1.4 million dollars in the last 8 years.

There is an amazing Bonus Pack I have for those that purchase my eBook

Bonus #1 Funding Your Film with Film Grants - (170 pages of grant location)
Bonus #2 Sample Grant Proposal - (A VERY important part for submission's to Grants)
Bonus #3 Sample Business Plan - (A simple Business plan I use for all of my films)
Bonus #4 How To Make A 7 Figure Movie with a $4,000 budget (The bonuses along with this, can make you very rich)
Bonus #5 [Limited Time]- Film Investor Contract - (My exact contract I used for all of my films, this is the same contract I used to receive all 1.4 million) (This contract is yours to customize for each one of your films, and guaranteed to satisfy your investors every concern)

As mentioned before, this is from 8 years of success and failures with investors, and I learned from every moment. Now this knowledge is yours + all the bonuses.

It is $57 for everything mentioned above, but I assure you it is well worth it. I will refund you 100% of your money if you feel it wasn't worth it.

[Update] Some of the 2011 grants are gold mines because they dont update there site sometimes yet still except proposals for 2012 - I just got a success story on this very situation.

Thank you very much and if you have any questions I am here to help

Nick Soares

Last edited:
Okay, I'm in. When I'm finished reading it, I'll give an honest critique of whether it was worth the purchase $. Looks pretty cool; I look forward to the read.

I met Nick about a week ago, and honestly I wasnt totally sure about the e-book whenever he posted about it and then I started talking to him and decided why not, it would make a great investment for me, especially because I am working on my first full length feature film.

After the first couple pages I can truly say it changed the way i looked a lot of things. And once I was finished with it, it truly opened my eyes to the industry and what you HAVE to do to survive. Then I realized there was also quite a bit of bonus features that came along with it, that will really blow you away and help any up and coming film maker, producer, actor, you name it. i promise you it will help anyone in the film industry. This is ESPECIALLY true for anyone who is looking to get their film funded or ever wondered about investors and grants.

Nick has been like a mentor to me in the process of making this film, and even though at first I was really skeptical about everything, he has really been there to help me every step of the way. i can honestly say that because of him this film, even though my first, is going to be much better than I had expected. So I would highly recommend getting to know him, and getting the e-book, both are a great investment for any filmmaker.

Okay, so a couple of different people have asked for my long-ago promised review. First of all, I want to make it very clear that my long-delayed response should absolutely not be seen as any sort of non-endorsement.

The honest reason why I didn't write a review was simply because as I perused the material, and I thought about my personal situation, it occurred to me that I really don't want to be a producer. I hate producing. Right now I produce everything I do, but only out of necessity. I love directing. I love editing. I hate producing. And this book is largely an instruction manual on how to be a successful producer, so...

For anyone contemplating a purchase, there are two main reasons I think it might be worth it. First, the book itself, though fairly brief, does contain some good words of wisdom. It is mostly based on 7 "secrets". Now, I'll be honest, a couple of the "secrets" I already knew, just because I spend so much time on Indietalk. But there were a few items in there that did catch me by surprise, and the lessons sounded very logical to me.

Heck, even Indietalk's resident internet-researcher extraordinaire was taken back by Nick's opinion on NDAs.

The 2nd reason you might consider a purchase of the book are the extras that come with it -- one in particular stands out from the crowd.

I'll be brutally frank -- a couple of the extras kind of border on common-sense (well, common-filmmaker-sense). But if you're completely new to filmmaking, you might not know that a found-footage horror movie is a great way to make a movie that has high potential for profit, but can be made on a dime. So, that info might be useful to some, not so much to me.

The biggest selling-point, in my opinion, comes from Nick's comprehensive list of sources of funding (Grants, Film Festivals, Private Investors). Holy crap, this list is massive! I can't imagine the amount of time it must have taken to compile this list (and it comes with contact info).

So, a few people have commented on the price of the ebook. Well, if you're somebody who wants the list of sources of funding, how much time do you think it would take you to compile that list yourself? Is that massive amount of time saved worth the purchase price?

I mentioned earlier that I reached the decision that I'm personally not interested in following the footsteps of a producer. I basically decided to just do it my way, and if it doesn't pan out, so be it. I will say this, though -- if I were serious about being a producer, in the traditional sense of that job-description, I would find this book (and its list of funding sources) very useful.

Back