Hello! Looking for a Producer!

Hi, All:

I hope this is the correct area of the forum to post this. I am a Southern California resident looking for a local Producer.

I have a script (18 pages), a small but feasible budget, and trained actors already on the project.

What I lack is the technical expertise to execute a decent production.

Someone to help with: sourcing a crew, scouting locations, permitting, equipment rental, etc. would be hugely helpful.

If you, or anyone you know, works for a production company in SoCal that can help me execute my 12-15 minute short sci-fi / horror film please let me know. Happy to answer any questions as well.

Best,
ZMY

I'm not in SoCal, but I wonder if putting synopsis or longline might attract more attention to this post. I'm not saying that you should reveal the twist but some sort of tease to tickle our curiosity glands couldn't hurt.

Honestly, "sci-fi/horror" is so broad, it's tough for me to imagine what it would be like, especially on a small budget.

Also, possible red flag... if you don't have a producer on board, how do you know that it's a feasible budget? Have you broken down the script and built a budget? If so, would you be willing to share that with a producer so they could tell you where the holes are or where you've over-budgeted?

What I lack is the technical expertise to execute a decent production.

Someone to help with: sourcing a crew, scouting locations, permitting, equipment rental, etc. would be hugely helpful.
I have the experience to do this. I might be interested in helping.

@XippyXippo:

Definitely a fair point, thanks for your response. Here is a short synopsis: "A small group, headed to a remote location, ends up encountering something in the wilderness that they do not understand."

My goal is a bleak slow burn film instead of one using too many effects or gimmicks.

I had a wonderful Producer helping me who recently encountered a huge change in life. We went through script review and revision sessions. The budget I have in mind is based on her experience and contacts. Unfortunately she is completely out of pocket now and it wouldn't be right to ask her for anything at the moment.

So now, starting from scratch.

@directorik

Hi! Thanks for your interest. I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can talk.

I have very few film related contacts. Ideally I would love to find an editor, DP, sound team, etc. that I can turn towards for future projects as well.

You can't go wrong if it works out with directorik!

I'm off on a job out of the country tonight. I'll be back just after Halloween.

You say you've put together a budget - I'd like to see it. And the script.
While I'm away I'll have some time to fiddle with the budget and when
I get back we can go from there. See if this is something I can help with.

Back