Short Film in the Oxfordshire Area

Hey,

I am looking to script, fund-raise, shoot & edit a short film for festival distribution. The crew at the moment consists of me as Director and a close friend is currently developing the script, with the first draft to be completed in the next 2 weeks (most likely sooner.)

At the moment I am looking for a Producer, Cinematographer & Sound Designer/Advisor.

Producer:

This role would consist of budgeting, scheduling & helping fund-raise, so it would be good to get this role filled as soon as possible. This person would also be helping with location hunting & negotiating prices for equipment rental etc. I would obviously be working closely with the Producer, so don't feel you will have a load of work dumped on you.

Cinematographer:

Similar to the Producer, I would like this role filled as soon as the script is finished. Would prefer someone with their equipment, but it is not essential. It would be best if they are familiar with lighting as well, because I will be looking into renting out lighting equipment. A portfolio is preferred. This role may be required to be camera operator as well, but at the moment this is unknown (as it's too early to say.)

Sound Designer/Advisor:

This will be my first time working with someone that solely deals with sound, so this role would be advising throughout principal photography and then would be working in post-production. It would be nice if they are on set for filming, but it won't be necessary.

As it's early in production, I cannot give any more information other than we will be looking at shooting late August/early September, and that the production will be relying on crowd-sourcing, so unfortunately I will not be able to pay anyone, but food will be provided & if possible, I will use the budget to cover travel expenses. But until we are completely funded, I cannot offer travel expenses.

If you would like to know more, or are interested in getting involved in another aspect, feel free to contact me.

I will update this thread as I get new information.

Really depends when you're going to be shooting.

I'm at university in Oxford and we break for the summer in a couple of days. But if you're not shooting until Autumn then I'd be keen.

Well we are aiming for late August/early September. I can't imagine the shoot being longer than 3 days, and it will definitely be over a weekend as people already on-board have full time jobs.

Depending on what role you are interested in, I would be allocating monies towards travel expenses.

Hey I'm a composer and I know you're probably not looking for music just yet, but when you do, I should probably still be around. :)
I can do most genres and I have a very distinct voice, and I'm also a producer so you can count on me for high quality music.

Last edited:
Hey I'm a composer and I know you're probably not looking for music just yet, but when you do, I should probably still be around. :)
I can do most genres and I have a very distinct voice, and I'm also a producer so you can count on me for high quality music.

I've PMed you.

Back