• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Clown Face and Gas Mask: A Horror Comedy Series

Thank you. We are currently working on a new version of the site with more features. We are also trying to release a new episode every three weeks.

If it helps, heres some advice. I thought it was good and nice website as well but a cheap camera stabilizer would go a long way for you (more dynamic camera movements, better chase scenes) and invest in some lighting. Great start though, really like the idea and you've got some good acting and shots in there.

Thanks for the advice. We are actually shooting without a tripod on purpose, so the shaky cam was planned. We need lighting desperately, whenever Sebastian or I have some money we are planning on picking some up. Just a hobby right now. We are teaching our buddy how to use the camera, so this is some of his first camera work and we are pretty satisfied so far, he can only get better. Thanks again for your comments.

EDIT: Critique on Second Episode

I think it's pretty well done. I enjoyed that. Most of the visuals are good, and even though the camera is handheld, it's not too shaky, so it's not too much a distraction. However, I would definitely start sticking that on a tripod and actually composing more shots. It's pretty sloppy if you want to get technical. But it's not horrible by any means. It works...

I like it so much...I want it to be better...let's just put it that way.

The lighting needs some work. RIght now, it's too flat and uninteresting. Also, many of the shots are too dark. I don't see much rim lighting on your actors either...give that a try. Also try splashing some color on the backgrounds behind the actors...not sure how many lights you actually have...but invest in a few peppers and a few can lights...and you will be all set. At least 4 lights...3 for your standard 3-point lighting and one for fun splash and background pop.

Your sound is OK...but there really isn't much design, so I'll not critique that. It could be improved upon with more foley and musical scores...

The acting is good, but nothing extra ordinary. The clown guy is pretty good...but doesn't quite pop. I can see that he is playing the everyday man, humdrum killer...which is cool...but I think more could be done. I like how you guys play multiple roles (killer and victim)...and it's not too noticeable.

The website is slick.

Throw some dolly shots in there man...give it a try. Take your time. Compose your shots. Use actual light setups that create a dynamic atmosphere while lighting your actors from front and behind.

Nice start. EDIT: I'm going to go watch the *first* ep now.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are no budget here, it's just something we are doing for fun right now. There is a lot of stuff we would like to get to improve our visuals and audio but we are both broke as hell haha. Thank you for watching and i will take notes on you advice for sure. Thank you.

By the way:
take off the wedding ring. :) I doubt clown guy is married...unless he's married to Gasmask.

Last edited:
I like the concept. The idea is really good. But like the rest have said, it could go a long way with better cinematography imo.

Maybe add in something more interesting for gas mask? coz to me, he/she is a bit dull. I like the clown tho.

Overall, its good considering there's no budget. :) I've bookmarked the site, awaiting future eps.

This sounds like it's right up my alley and my computer won't let me use the link!! !AAARGGGHH!!!!:grumpy:

Hopefully I get it working, it sounds like a pretty good concept :) When I get it going I'll let you know.

i love the show...amazing concept...are you still looking to add some musical scores...Im currently working on my first score for a short film and looking for more projects and I think this would be great...there wouldnt be any charge for them...Im simply looking for more opportunities to score different projects and enjoy scoring...let me know

Back