• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Horror The Screen (Asian horror inspired short)

Jolly good show. Gave me chills.

Just to be A dick, the color grading could have been darker to make it scarier. The cinematographer did a bang up job.

Damn, Steven, that was excellent! I kept rewinding certain parts, like when he gets up to go to the TV and the camera is tracking right to left. I figured you got the reverse shot (on the TV) with a seperate take, otherwise we would see the cameraman.

Great movement, such as the beginning hallway dolly (or gimbal). Very smooth and professional throughout.

The actual leadups and scare shots were well done. Great job!

Damn, Steven, that was excellent! I kept rewinding certain parts, like when he gets up to go to the TV and the camera is tracking right to left. I figured you got the reverse shot (on the TV) with a seperate take, otherwise we would see the cameraman.

Great movement, such as the beginning hallway dolly (or gimbal). Very smooth and professional throughout.

The actual leadups and scare shots were well done. Great job!

Thank you so much for your comment!
The tracking shots were done with a small skateboard camera dolly on an adjustable ironing board. The one you were talking about was done with a small Ikea cabinet with Ikea wheels attached. I stuffed it with heavy things to prevent the camera from shaking and pushed it in the direction I wanted while maintaining my desired frame by moving the camera along.
The reserve shots were indeed pre-recorded so I could move and place the camera in front of the TV without showing the camera.
the actor had to mimic every movement and make the timing work. Making it also work with the timing of the camera was sometimes frustrating :)

All sound was done in post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment and please feel free to subscribe.

Good stuff man!

You can tell the TV camera is not real time as his actions don't exactly match up but I know you can't film that from the screen so well done, the actions are very close and to most will match.

I found it odd he didn't say anything. This may have been the director's choice thinking because he was alone he wouldn't talk but we talk to ourselves a lot (well I do lol). I would have thrown some "What the...." lines and random bursts "uhhhh!" in there, etc.

Great work all around.

Thanks for this. It's nice to watch when there's so much attention to detail.

If you'd had a TV set without a screen in the room, you could have had a second camera inside the TV and hid that camera with a fake frame in post. But that probably would be less charming.

I loved it so much I favorited and subscribed. The story moved beautifully. I can see something like this being turned into a full-length movie and being popular.

Back