I need a song!

Hi guys. It's me, Logan. I have just written a short. It's pretty emotional and sad. I need a song to go with it that's solemn but catchy...Beethoven's Moonlight sonata comes to mind. I would prefer piano. If it's synthed, that's fine. As long as it sounds good and not like a cheesy keyboard. I can compose my own music, but the programs I use are better for techno or hip hop. My piano and orchestra synthesizers aren't very good...plus I'm sure that there are more talented musicians than me on this site.

I can't pay you. Sorry. You will get a credit, and as always, I send all my shorts to festivals and TV shows and other things, so you'll have exposure.

Thanks anyone who decides to help out!

Now that I'm finally finished with this damn music video contest thing that's been eating up ALL of my time.. I might be interested in composing something. Would like to see the short to help with the composing though..

Let me know. :)

I haven't shot it yet. I need a song more than a score...it's for a scene wherein the main character is in his car and the music is playing in his vehicle (The song will be ominous, though...just when he gets out of his car will you realize it was the radio). I'll write you a discription of the short in a PM if you'd like...it's sort of experimental...still a narritive, though.

...Whenever...

...is January 5 enough time? I will be done by then.

Note that I am asking around for several songs so I can pick the best one...I hope that doesn't turn anyone off. The song is very important in this one.

If anyone else either has a song or would like to create one, keep this in mind: I'm looking for something slow yet poppy...and still solemn enough to be asociated with sadness...like "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" by Lauryn Hill or "Look what You've done" by Jet..."Friend is a Four letter Word" by Cake is another prime example...I don't need vocals or anything. Just that kind of sound. And I really don't want it to SOUND synthesized (it can BE synthed, but it should sound real).

A piano solo is what I really want, but if any of you think something's better (i.e. acoustic guitar, violines, whatever), then let me hear it!

PM me if you want to know about the script.

The 5th? I can probably come up with something by then.. any particular length you need?

Poke: hehe.. that'd be helpful, if he ever comes back.. ;) He said he'd be away for a "few days"...

Zensteve: Last Activity: 11-21-2004 That's almost a month ago!

Last edited:
florianlinckus.com said:
Hey, what could be interesting for you is an Orchestrated Moonlight-Sonata...

I did it 3 month ago, if you would like to hear it, tell me :)

Florian

I would like to hear it!

Will: 3 minutes would be long enough...just the average song length.

Update: SourMonkey has created a song that fits my concept perfectly. If any of you have made music, don't fret. You now have another great song under your belt and have a little bit more experience. If you HAVE made a song for this, still post it; I'd love to hear it...and I (or someone else) may use it in a different project.

Wow Florian. I love that. Moonlight sonata is one of my favorite songs, and your version sounds awesome. I saved that on my computer. If I ever want to use that I'll email you or something.

OK...

Yeah it took me a good day to orchestrate that piece, its one of my favours...

And it gave me a lot of fun and a chance to honour Ludwig van Beethoven on my style... :)
Now the Moonlightsonata has 2 styles, Beethovens and mines... in that piece...

FL

Back