• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music video/short story

Hi!

My name is Lars Westin and this is my first posting on this forum.

We made a music video with "JOJJE". A short medieval story. the location is Uppsala slott and the sture vault in Uppsala Sweden. This is a 0 budget project made with 2 borrowed PD 150 DV Cams and a well planed shooting schedule. We want to have this video in short films festivals, is it possible with a music video?
We really like some input and tips!

http://www.jojjetheartist.com/sgbm.wmv

Best

Lars westin

Welcome to indietalk! Yes, it is possible to show music videos at film festivals. Just look at the categories for each festival. There are some festivals that concentrate on commercials, promos, and MVs. Good luck!

Yes, I thought it was pretty good too.

Honestly... I didn't like the actual song much, but then again I never really listen to that type of music at all... so for all I know, it could be very good for its genre. :wink:

The video was still pretty fun to watch... the story was easy enough to follow despite have no dialogue, and there was a fair amount of eye-candy for such a small budget. Guard uniforms, swords, dank dungeons, a good crack at period costumes, swedish babe... etc :P

I'm going to watch it again, before hitting the Rating button.

Edit: Vote's in. Normally I think my number would have been a bit more generous, as I generally overlook music that is not that great. But then again, this was a music video where half the content to be enjoyed is the song itself.

Top notch job with the video portion!

Dig the split screen and the super low profile screen dimension, lowrider style. Or is it 16X9? Seems too skinny to be 16X9.

Could go without some of the long zooms. Also some scenes were dark but that may have been my PC monitor.

Thanks for the replyes! The ratio is 3:1 or "enhanced" 2:35...;)

It looks good with borders and I think is practical also.
It gives you the ability to do post picture composing verticaly.
The movie is shoot in 16X9 though.

lars

Back