• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Free Film Industry Art Show in Santa Monica

The 2008 Visual Amalgam Show organizers announce the artist list for the one night only fine art show at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, October 5th, 2008. The show features a collection of personal artwork created by film industry professionals.

The Visual Amalgam Art Show offers the public a rare opportunity to see a collection of personal artwork created by film industry professionals behind some of the biggest motion pictures at one of the premier art venues in the Los Angeles area.

"When we started talking about putting together another show," Jacobs says, "we really wanted to raise the bar on the venue both in size as well as stature in the art community. Patrick Finley, a successful painter and visual effects artist for motion pictures, conceived the first Visual Amalgam Show back in 2006. "I'd been showing my paintings in galleries for a while and I wanted to provide all these amazingly talented film artisans I was working with in visual effects an opportunity to show their art to the public in a gallery setting," says Finley.

"The filmmaking process is fundamentally collaborative," remarked Evan Jacobs, a successful visual effects supervisor and one of the show's organizers. "I picked up still photography as a way to explore my own creative instincts with more freedom. Patrick had this great idea to help all us closet artists step out of the shadows a little."

The show's concept took off, with over fifteen artists participating in the first show. "The show was a big hit," Patrick recalls. "We were overwhelmed with the response to our little show." Over five hundred people attended the 2006 event in downtown Los Angeles.

"When we started talking about putting together another show," Jacobs says, "we really wanted to raise the bar on the venue both in size as well as stature in the art community." The 2008 Visual Amalgam Show will be held at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, Southern California's largest art gallery complex. "We thought Bergamot Station is the perfect place to have the show," Jacobs remarks. "The James Gray Gallery at Bergamot has an amazing space and they were excited about the doing the show with us."

Finley and Jacobs have put together an impressive list of artists for this year's show. Five-time Academy Award™ winning visual effects supervisor Ken Ralston (Polar Express, Forrest Gump) will be showing his still photography at the event and Academy Award™ winning Visual Effects Supervisor Kevin Mack (Speed Racer, Fight Club) will be showing his abstract dimensional math paintings. Production designer Albert Brenner (Georgia Rule, Pretty Woman), who has been nominated for five Academy Awards™, will be showing several sculptures and paintings.

Other featured artists include John Swallow (Hellboy II: The Golden Army), Angie Jones (Pan's Labyrinth), Ash Beck (various commericals), Ben Rittenhouse, Dainel Abramovitch (The Brave One), Danny Dimian (Polar Express), Shannon Blake Gans (Live Free or Die Hard), Darren Lurie (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers), Diana Walczak (Fantastic Four), Eric Hanson (Cast Away), Eric Robertson (The Da Vinci Code), Evan Jacobs (Resident Evil: Extinction), Joe Strasser (Beowulf), Loic Zimmerman, Owen Demers (The Martix Revolutions), Pam Hogarth, Patrick Finley (I Am Legend), Snow Mack, Vincent Serrittela (Hancock).

The James Gray Gallery at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, California is hosting the one-night-only event on Sunday October 5th, 2008 from 5pm to 9pm. Admission is free.

http://visualamalgam.com/

Here's the spiffy postcard for the free film industry art show coming up on October 5th!
VAS_2008-web.jpg

Back