• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Final Draft or Celtix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's pretty self explanatory. My former screenwriting platform, Adobe Story, is shutting down, so now I need another platform. The two I am considering is FD or Celtix, and I would like the opinion of the community to which one is more worth the time and money. Thanks!

That's funny, I don't understand what is wrong with the managers of that forum! Directoric is ironic at every of his responds to me! If you can't understand that, then I'm just sorry for you.

Well, let’s review.

You made an assertion about CeltX based on what you read (what’s your source on that?), and evidently not because you have firsthand experience with it:

I've read that celtx has not industry standard format page.

Again, you’ve “read that”. That isn’t the same as having used it and knowing for a fact.

Rik simply responded to clarify that software is just a tool, and a matter of preference, and that “industry standard” really has to do with formatting and PDF export... both of which CeltX offers.

Inaccurate information was corrected. That’s not a personal attack. It’s just clearing up some bad information.

For clarity:

Celtx allows you to write in industry standard. It allows you to export .pdf so
it IS industry standard. All the screenwriting softwares are tools. They all
allow a writer to do the job.

As you can see writers have their preferences and can be passionate about
them. zkhiggin1, since Celtx is free you should try it for a while. See if it
meets your needs.

This is ridiculous! Whenever I say something, this user, directorik, immediately answers like he has a complex with me with capital letters and all that! That is sad for him, but it is funny too.

In all seriousness... #fakenews, where are the caps?

Also he wasn't replying directly to you, others had mentioned is it not industry standard.

Celtx is by no way an industry standard.

It was an informed reply. Like I said, a bit of paranoia here. Panos, relax!

Back on topic, thanks.

You take only that response, take all of his responses to me not only that.
Someone posted too that celtx is not in standard format but directorik derided to defend celtx only when I posted. I was waiting him to response and he did. I'll post the proof that he has problems

You take only that response, take all of his responses to me not only that.
Someone posted too that celtx is not in standard format but directorik derided to defend celtx only when I posted. I was waiting him to response and he did. I'll post the proof that he has problems

Well, he 'immediately posted' 3 hours later.
He did not quote you, but just informed us of his look on it: the ability to export to pdf makes it a tool capable of prodrucing industry standard. (Which might mean that different people define industry standard differently. Some would say it means 'most used', or 'it does the formatting for you the way it should' or 'the end product can meet standard format'.

There is the real possibilty that Rik posted only now, because he wasn't online earlier.
That he posts right after you might have something to do with him being online in the early morning, while most users seem the online in the afternoon and evening of their timezone.

Relax, and agree people can disagree in here.

Looking forward to the proof.
I don't think he is after you. You and him seem to disagree on a few things, that is all.
There are also posts by you he didn't react to.
Are you sure you are not noticing this, because of the 'once you see it, you can not unsee it and then you pay attention and notice it all the time'-mechanism?
I can be wrong, but I never saw Rik do something like 'stalking and trolling another user'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back